Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Question PT LE 8.0.5 No Launch, not even splash screen...

Okay so ive been searching the internet all day to find a solution to my problem with no luck. I set up a small rig for my at home work with windows 7 64x and an mbox 2 facotry. I installed everything i need and havent had any problems for about 2 weeks. Last night i decided to go through digi/avids "optimize windows 7" list and perform all of the "optimizations" to my system. I did them all, shut down my computer, and went to sleep.

When i woke up today and went to boot up pro tools it just plain old doesnt boot. No error message, no splash screen, no crash, just the mouse with the hour glass for about 3 seconds then nothing! I went back and reverted all the "optimization" changes i made last night but still nothing helped. I do remember that even when i wasnt having any issues, sometimes i would have to launch PT twice because the first time wouldnt work. But it always worked the second time. and sometimes there was a serious lag between when i clicked to launch PT and when it actually opened, but that is somewhat normal.. Any ideas? Ill post a SANDRA if needed, but i dont think its hardware related since it was working fine last night.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM

Default Re: PT LE 8.0.5 No Launch, not even splash screen...

I think I would just rerun the installer again and see what happens

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM

Default Re: PT LE 8.0.5 No Launch, not even splash screen...

As with all things like this check for anything interesting in the systems event viewer (Google that if you don't know how/what) that happens when you try to run the program.

A Sandra report would not hurt, then we at least know some basic stuff.

What antivirus software are you running?

Yep, otherwise reinstall Pro Tools. If that does not fix it, reinstall Windows.

Darryl