Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Purchased HD Nativ card on ebay..

So that everyone knows, lots of people are buying mix core cards for next to nothing and upgrading them to HD Native, getting PTHD10, then selling the HD Native Card. This is the cheapest way to get PTHD10 software.

300 for mix core
1500 HD Native Upgrade

Sell HD Native Card for 1500 on eBay

Get PTHD10 for 300

It's all very simple!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 AM

and now...the card stopped working after two start ups....wow, really frustrating. I gave the card to a engineer at work to be tested in another machine, and whatever else he can think of. I have contacted the re seller, and he doesnt have another card available. I have been in touch with Avid, via a "paid" support code, and after a couple emails back and forth, they don't seem to understand what my concern is. At any rate, it sounds like I may be able to send the card into them for repair (luckily, I live in the Bay Area, where they are located). The re seller as agreed to pay the repair fees...has anyone had any experience with tis process? Does anyone know what the typical turn-around time is?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawgg View Post
and now...the card stopped working after two start ups....wow, really frustrating. I gave the card to a engineer at work to be tested in another machine, and whatever else he can think of. I have contacted the re seller, and he doesnt have another card available. I have been in touch with Avid, via a "paid" support code, and after a couple emails back and forth, they don't seem to understand what my concern is. At any rate, it sounds like I may be able to send the card into them for repair (luckily, I live in the Bay Area, where they are located). The re seller as agreed to pay the repair fees...has anyone had any experience with tis process? Does anyone know what the typical turn-around time is?
From what I understand, it's a flat fee of $300 or $350 to get a card repaired. No idea about the turnaround, but being located close to Avid won't hurt.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:40 AM

I would get in writing from the seller in the form of a contract that he will actually pay these costs. Have you met the seller in person? It seems odd that someone would sell a card that doesn't work, that's out of warranty, and you'd have to pay for it.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:29 AM

The repair cost will be around $420, and the seller was willing to refund the cost of repair (which he has done). This guy apperantly buys used electronic components, and re-sells them on ebay. The name of his ebay store is "supertechshop". I was able to reg the software that came with the card (which was NOT the HD version), so now I have 2 PT9-10 licenses that I don't need. I will list them on here for sale. The seller only agreed to pay for repair AFTER I threatened to go to ebay. So, I will get a working card soon, and I did end up with a transferable license (albeit for the wrong software), so I guess I did ok...except for the fact that it will be a month after I purchased the card until I can use it...caveat emptor, I guess..
Old 01-24-2012, 06:14 AM

I may be interested in a pt10 license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2012, 08:05 PM

CME, PM sent in regard to PT 10 license.