Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:41 AM
TNM TNM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,520
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Oops
__________________
-iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, Vega 56, OS 10.14.6/Win10 Pro, TB3 Dock & 4xSSD, UA Apollo x3 + Octopre x3, Microlite x2, Midi Synths galore, PT 2019.12
-MBP 15" 2.8ghz 4 core, 16gb ram, 750M, dual boot OS 10.13.6/10.14.6, On board analog audio out, PT 2018/2019
-MSI Alpha 15, Win 10 pro, 16GB ram, AMD 3750H quad core, AMD 5500M, Mbox 3 (can finally use it LOL!).
-Whenever I launch Pro Tools, I get wet.(™)

Last edited by TNM; 08-25-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: wrong topic!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Emcha_audio's Avatar
Emcha_audio Emcha_audio is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal, canada
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Sorry but when I look at PT over the past 2 years since the subscription model began I'm left wondering if Avid actually is developing the product anymore. Seriously, what an embarrassment. Remember in years past when around the December time frame they'd do a big announcement of a new version with great new plugins and features. What the heck are subscribers paying for these days? Where is the value-add for our hard earned green Avid?

6/26/2017 12.8 Atmos Integration and NEXIS optimization (HD Only), Workspace and Project enhancements (Pro Tools), Cloud Collaboration (Pro Tools First), Bug fixes
2/22/2017 12.7.1 Bug fixes
12/21/2016 12.7 MTRX support, Project Revision History, Workspace improvements (Soundbase, etc.), Fade editing shortcuts, Clip Effects Quick Presets, bug fixes
11/30/2016 12.6.1 Bug fixes
09/28/2016 12.6 Clip Effects, Layered Editing, Playlist Improvements, New Perpetual Licensing Model
06/29/2016 12.5.2 S6 Post Module Support, bug fixes
06/14/2016 12.5.1 Dock Support, bug fixes
03/28/2016 12.5 Cloud Collaboration, Updated Video Engine, Send To Playback (Interplay), bug fixes
12/22/2015 12.4 Track Freeze, Fade Workflows, bug fixes
11/24/2015 12.3.1 Bug fixes
11/06/2015 12.3 Commit, Fade Presets, I/O Setup Enhancements, Batch Fades, Clip Graphic Overlay, bug fixes
09/29/2015 12.2.1 Bug fixes
09/02/2015 11.3.2 Bug fixes
09/02/2015 12.2 VCAs, Disk Cache, Advanced Metering (click for Release Notes)
06/30/2015 12.1 Increased Track Counts, AFL/PFL Solo Modes, Track Input Monitoring, Copy to Sends, HEAT (HD Software), more info
03/23/2015 12.0 Metadata Tagging, New I/O Setup, Subscription Licensing, Application Manager, In App Purchases
So let me see, you're not happy that in the span of less than 2 years they came up with 26 new things / enhancement not counting the myriad of bug fixing they've been doing, when we were lucky to see maybe 5 or 6 in one release before the subscription? Let's not forget to add 12.8.1 which just came out with even more bug fixes.. Bug fixes takes probably as much time in coding than developing something new and it has the added bonus that it gives more stability to the software.
__________________
Manny.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:28 AM
jacko's Avatar
jacko jacko is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wroclaw / Poland
Posts: 696
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
So let me see, you're not happy that in the span of less than 2 years they came up with 26 new things / enhancement not counting the myriad of bug fixing they've been doing, when we were lucky to see maybe 5 or 6 in one release before the subscription? Let's not forget to add 12.8.1 which just came out with even more bug fixes.. Bug fixes takes probably as much time in coding than developing something new and it has the added bonus that it gives more stability to the software.
Before the subscription the updates were richer and more frequent. They used to cost less. PT development has slowed down since the subscription quite significantly. See release notes for versions 7,8,9 and 10. Those were golden years for Pro Tools development.
__________________
UAD Apollo x16,
UAD Apollo Twin Duo,
UAD Octo Thunderbolt,
Mac Mini i7 2018,
Reaper DAW,
Presonus Faderport,
Arturia Beastep for DAW control,
Former Pro Tools HD user (from V7 until V12.6).
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:32 AM
jacko's Avatar
jacko jacko is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wroclaw / Poland
Posts: 696
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Most of them are on PT 8,9,10, etc.
Exactly!
No problems with my two HD Accel mixing rigs here with 10 HD.
__________________
UAD Apollo x16,
UAD Apollo Twin Duo,
UAD Octo Thunderbolt,
Mac Mini i7 2018,
Reaper DAW,
Presonus Faderport,
Arturia Beastep for DAW control,
Former Pro Tools HD user (from V7 until V12.6).
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Barry Johns Barry Johns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,567
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
So let me see, you're not happy that in the span of less than 2 years they came up with 26 new things / enhancement not counting the myriad of bug fixing they've been doing, when we were lucky to see maybe 5 or 6 in one release before the subscription? Let's not forget to add 12.8.1 which just came out with even more bug fixes.. Bug fixes takes probably as much time in coding than developing something new and it has the added bonus that it gives more stability to the software.
26 new things and you say that with a straight face? I'm not meaning to sound rude more jokingly. But reality, three have been very, very few "New" features.

Avid gets zero credit for giving Vanilla HD features, it was criminal that they waited that long for that!

Just about every release up to and including PT11, Avid/Digi brought value to the upgrade, that all but disappeared at the release of 12!!!
__________________
HD Native Pcie, PTHD 11, PT12 Vanilla, Omni, Lynx Aurora 16, 192 I/O (16 in/8 out), 24 Fader D-Command, lots of preamps and compressors.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:52 PM
latweek latweek is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 113
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio
Bug fixes takes probably as much time in coding than developing something new.
I would agree with your statement about Avid, and this is the problem.

The rest of the industry does not need to spend as much time fixing bugs as developing something new.

Customers shouldn't have to pay for fixing your own bugs, we should be paying for new features.

Hope this helps clarify.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Barry Johns Barry Johns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,567
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latweek View Post
I would agree with your statement about Avid, and this is the problem.

The rest of the industry does not need to spend as much time fixing bugs as developing something new.

Customers shouldn't have to pay for fixing your own bugs, we should be paying for new features.

Hope this helps clarify.
Bug fixes should be free even if you are not on a support plan, Avid is NOT providing support by fixing bugs, they are fixing THIER issues not ours!

Charging for new features is a different discussion.
__________________
HD Native Pcie, PTHD 11, PT12 Vanilla, Omni, Lynx Aurora 16, 192 I/O (16 in/8 out), 24 Fader D-Command, lots of preamps and compressors.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:37 PM
jacorien's Avatar
jacorien jacorien is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Detroit
Posts: 44
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Truth is, I love PT but i never hear Fruity Loops, Logic, Ableton, Reasons, Cubase having all these issues. But if PT continue or try to charge then I guess our studio will change over to Reasons because I'm not a big fan of Logic. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Emcha_audio's Avatar
Emcha_audio Emcha_audio is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal, canada
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
26 new things and you say that with a straight face? I'm not meaning to sound rude more jokingly. But reality, three have been very, very few "New" features.

Avid gets zero credit for giving Vanilla HD features, it was criminal that they waited that long for that!

Just about every release up to and including PT11, Avid/Digi brought value to the upgrade, that all but disappeared at the release of 12!!!
Is it criminal that Nuendo or Cubase, or Studio one, or Reason, or Cakewalk and others have different versions that each versions have more tools than the other? It's funny how it seems to be alright for all the others but not Avid? Where does that Bias come from?

I personally think that with all the bug fixing Avid has made in PT 12, that it has brought up the value of this software even higher than ever before, because for one of the first time, to me at least, it shows that Avid really cares about it's product and customers and will go to great strive to bring this software to a level of stability that we haven't seen in a long.. long... long time.. in a galaxy far.. far away
__________________
Manny.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Emcha_audio's Avatar
Emcha_audio Emcha_audio is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal, canada
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacorien View Post
Truth is, I love PT but i never hear Fruity Loops, Logic, Ableton, Reasons, Cubase having all these issues. But if PT continue or try to charge then I guess our studio will change over to Reasons because I'm not a big fan of Logic. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Don't know how much time you spend on their forums, I haven't in a while, but each software has had it's fair share of lingering issues, it isn't greener in the other yard. Some company might be faster in releasing bug fixes, other's might be slower, but as long as it get fixed, that's all that should matter no?

P.s I do agree that bug releases should be made available to all even those who are not on an active subscription for the versions they are at. For example, if a bug fix is made for version 12, but for some reason they are now on version 13 ( if there's ever a change in the prime number) then the person who is still on 12 (obviously they are not on a subscription) should receive the bug fix for the 12th version, no matter what . it is. On the other hand, enhancements and new functions well that's an other story.
__________________
Manny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A.i.r news !! :d Becharax Pro Tools 10 1 10-22-2012 08:49 AM
AIR Blog - Bad News... Good News RussUK Virtual Instruments 3 04-01-2009 04:19 AM
Good News and Bad News....original Mbox & Pt Le 6.4 captain54 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 8 11-02-2007 10:52 PM
news clausiii 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 1 02-03-2003 02:03 AM
Here's some news about D-Fx on PT LE6 Stone Knife 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 6 01-16-2003 10:29 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com