Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 PM

Default File Transfer between Platforms

Does anyone know where to find info on transferring files to and from ProTools?

Can you transfer files to and from ProTools or Ableton 8 or other recording programs.

While I was waiting for my box to come in I recorded a project in Ableton 8. I want to import the audio tracks and keep the time stamp aligned. Possible?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM

Default Re: File Transfer between Platforms

From Digi:

Pro Tools 9.0 lets you import and export AAF and OMF sequences. Lower versions of Pro Tools require the DigiTranslator 2.0 option to be able to import and export AAF and OMF sequences. All DigiTranslator 2.0 functionality is now included with Pro Tools 9.0.
For more information about importing and exporting AAF and OMF sequences, and MXF files, to and from Pro Tools, see the Pro Tools Reference Guide.

Pro Tools 9.0 now provides the Export Session Info as Text command for all versions of Pro Tools. In lower versions of Pro Tools, the Export Session Info as Text command was only available in Pro Tools HD. Use the Export Ses- sion Info as Text command to create a text file that contains extensive information about your session.
This text file can contain a list of audio files, audio regions, audio track EDL (Edit Decision List) information, extended timestamp information, and information about crossfades.

Of course some features won't work on other platforms.

If you just want to transfer audio files, WAV files work well.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.