Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2003, 09:53 AM

Default Mach Five.....POORtools

Digi.....Where did SSC go?? Sure it's ugly, primitive, and simple..

I HATE Mach V, it's a toy at BEST. NO multiple output, sends my system stability into turmoil, Scell
conversion is SLOW AS MOLASSES thats if it works at all (not even 50% of the Scell instruments worked) the conversion tool bombs my mac....

This is NOT a tool for pros, I need to be working NOT FOOLING AROUND WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP.. I'm aware of the many work-arounds possible, and IM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO INTERESTED in any of them...no multipule OUTS?????!!!!!

Digi.....if you can't come up with something that works at least AS GOOD as Scell for pt6, kiss ME ( a loyal digi user for 3 yrs ) GOOD BYE..

Millions of dollars worth of old sessions WORLD WIDE have Scell involved..Backwards compatibillity
is down the drain..

WTF??!!
Old 08-21-2003, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Mach Five.....POORtools

Haven't tried Mach5 yet, but I bought Kontakt and wasn't blown away. It seemed buggy, crashy, and not very Mac compliant. However, being a longtime Reason user, I'm finding the new ProTools 6.1 integration really useful. I used the free demo version of CDxtract to transfer my SampleCell banks to NN-XT (Reason's sampler), and kept on working.

On a side note, I bought ChickenSystems Translator a year ago with the hope that it would soon be fully developed for the Mac. 1 year later and I'm still waiting . The fully developed PC version failed to convert my EMU library to Soundfont correctly (made all the samples mono). Still waiting on that one too. Stay away from that product.