Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Default MBOX 2 (How can I get my monitors to work with the Internet Audio such as Youtube?)

For years I've had my KRK monitors hooked up to my MBOX 2 factory bundle kit. I can use these monitors for winamp, or any multimedia that is on my computer. And of course they work for Reason 4, and Pro Tools, but howcome when I go online it only plays sound out of my crap secondary speakers? Is there a way for me to make my monitors play all audio even on the web?

Some info on this would be HIGHLY appreciated!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 AM

Default Re: MBOX 2 (How can I get my monitors to work with the Internet Audio such as Youtube

1. Specify if you're using XP or VISTA
2. If Vista, skip to step 4
3. If XP, use the MME Helper, which might work for other stuff SOME of the time.
4. BEST bet is to use your on-board sound card for all non-PT audio. You might need some kind of a switch to let audio from the sound card get routed to your monitors. Mackie Big Knobs and Presonus Central Stations are popular choices. But this is reason #76543 that I won't get rid of my 8-bus.
This has been covered 560,987,487 times, and it's only Thursday!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:54 AM

Default Re: MBOX 2 (How can I get my monitors to work with the Internet Audio such as Youtube

There is a much easier way to do this instead of the above poster's methods.

I use the Digi MME Helper, and it works for absolutely everything except iTunes ().

Here is the download link:
http://www.railjonrogut.com/DigiMMEHelper.zip

Digi MME Helper
Digi MME Helper is a free utility from Rail Jon Rogut Software for use with the Digidesign WaveDriver 6.1.1 and Digidesign hardware. Digi MME Helper also works with the WaveDriver included with the Pro Tools TDM and LE 6.4 and higher installers.

This program allows you to add or remove programs such as Internet Explorer, iTunes, etc. from an entry in the Registry which is like an opt-in list which tells the WaveDriver which applications to support.

To Use:

1. Run the Digi MME Helper.exe
2. Click on the "Add..." button
3. Browse to the applications that you would like to be supported by WaveDriver 6.1.1 and press Open
4. Press the Update button, which will update the Registry

Digi MME Helper version 1.2 adds support drag and drop functionality - users can simply drag programs and shortcuts from the start menu, the desktop and explorer and drop them in the list then press update.

Thanks to Rail Jon Rogut Software for this application, provided "as is". As this is free software, please be aware that there are no guarantees or technical support available for this application.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 AM

And as posted before that, if you're on VISTA the MME helper won't work. And even WITH the MME helper, still no Quicktime OR I-tunes.
This program allows you to add or remove programs such as Internet Explorer, iTunes, etc
Ain't necessarily so. I-tunes doesn't work with Digi hardware.
Also remember that the MME helper is SINGLE client so only one application can access it at a time.
Go with the onboard, trust me, it'll make your life simpler.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnem View Post
There is a much easier way to do this instead of the above poster's methods.

I use the Digi MME Helper, and it works for absolutely everything except iTunes ().

Here is the download link:
http://www.railjonrogut.com/DigiMMEHelper.zip

Digi MME Helper
Digi MME Helper is a free utility from Rail Jon Rogut Software for use with the Digidesign WaveDriver 6.1.1 and Digidesign hardware. Digi MME Helper also works with the WaveDriver included with the Pro Tools TDM and LE 6.4 and higher installers.

This program allows you to add or remove programs such as Internet Explorer, iTunes, etc. from an entry in the Registry which is like an opt-in list which tells the WaveDriver which applications to support.

To Use:

1. Run the Digi MME Helper.exe
2. Click on the "Add..." button
3. Browse to the applications that you would like to be supported by WaveDriver 6.1.1 and press Open
4. Press the Update button, which will update the Registry

Digi MME Helper version 1.2 adds support drag and drop functionality - users can simply drag programs and shortcuts from the start menu, the desktop and explorer and drop them in the list then press update.

Thanks to Rail Jon Rogut Software for this application, provided "as is". As this is free software, please be aware that there are no guarantees or technical support available for this application.
I see it doesn't work with google chrome it works with explorer but i hate explorer damn lol!