Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 07:54 AM

Default Help, need to identify components

I have purchased some older Pro Tools items such as an Audio Interface (4-channels)and an audio card that I know nothing of. Click on the link below and you will be able to view the items that need to be identified.
http://orbital_dre.tripod.com/Pro_Tools.htm

I would like to know what I should purchase next (example; which version of Pro Tools and what type of cable that would link the interface with the card). Thanks for your time in advance.
-Barriault
Old 09-08-2001, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Help, need to identify components

My connection is very slow so I didn't look at all your pictures.

The parts are of the very older variety and I think I saw a Nubus connector. That means an old Mac. The rack unit looks like a variation of the 488 or was it 422??

Are you shaw you want to play with these things???

Do a search here on this site for Old hardware with 4.0 to 5.1 ...... I think I remember seen guys discussing the older hardware and a site that explains it all. One of the Digi guys may be able to point you in the right direction even though they don't support this stiff anymore.
Old 09-08-2001, 07:50 PM

I didn't pay much for them anyhow, but I just want them identified to see at least if there's some use to them. One of the items, the interface, is something I bought from Trent Reznor's nothing studios (no lie there, he even autographed it) so I guess it could be a vintage NIN momento. But I am really interested in getting it to work so I can dangle with old stuff again, sometimes gems are found in the weirdest places... But could be junk also...
Old 09-08-2001, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Click on Technical Support:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/techsupport.html

Legacy Products Section

Compatibility Document Archive
Compatibility information for discontinued or legacy products & previous versions of Pro Tools:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/compat

Legacy ProPix
A visual guide to older or discontinued products.
http://www.digidesign.com/support/propix
Old 09-09-2001, 08:25 AM

I already checked at these spots. The items are indeed vintage. For example, the Audio Card looks like an old Project Card, but none look exactly like it.

As for the Audio Interface, well there's not one that's got 4 channels.

How can I find out more about it?
Old 09-09-2001, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Click on Contact, and call the number for Presales/Product Information/Telesales, the department that handles all hardware exchanges. They should be able to tell you what you have by talking to you on the phone.

If you want Technical Support or Customer Service in order to get the correct Pro Tools software, you'll need to go through the Transfer of Ownership procedure. As long as you have a Pro Tools core system, the original ownership of the Pro Tools license is transferred with the core system hardware.

See the TS policy in Support under Tech Support, and the Registration information under Customer Service.