Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 04:54 AM

Default Multiple Audiosuite Windows open

I had thought that PT 5.1 had the new feature of multiple plug in windows to be open at the same time. I'm still staring at one at a time...and can't find any literature to help answer the question. I'd love to use the feature.
Old 05-30-2001, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Multiple Audiosuite Windows open

It does not work with non-realtime Audiosuite plug-ins. Only real time TDM or RTAS plug-ins can have multiple windows open at the same time. Besides, what would be the use of having many Audiosuite windows open at the same time?

What I would like to see is the possibility of performing multiple Audiosuite plug-in processes at the same time to the same audio file...You know, just leaving the machine to calculate an hour long file with eq, C4 and L1 or whatever. You could just go to coffee or something... Now you have to do it one process at the time, waiting for the machine to finish one process and then you manually begin another one...Yes, I know this can be done by bouncing or recording TDM and RTAS plug-in fx to disk but still it would be useful sometimes because in many cases it would still be faster than real-time.

Z
Old 05-30-2001, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Multiple Audiosuite Windows open

Zeus,
I bounce around alot in Waves...and have a few windows I would have liked to keep open and available on my second monitor. For example...I'd like to keep my gain window open full time...I'm forever checking peak and processing tracks. I don't like to switch back and forth all the time ya know? Thanks for the reply.