Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 AM

Default playback speed/pitch

hi,

I was wondering if there is a way that I can change the playback speed in protools. I want this change to also change the pitch (just like you can do with Tape). I want to bounce at this new speed/pitch.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM

Default Re: playback speed/pitch

Jay,

Hi. You will need a Sync I/O wired into your sync loop with your interface(s) (or other master clock that generates varispeed. Most don't do this though), and then in the session setup window (apple key + 2) you'll be able to adjust the varispeed amount. BUT don't think that if you print internally this will produce a file that is varisped, you will either need to print the output analogue or use a sample rate convertor, as the Sync I/O just plays around with the master sample clock and if you bounce the file internally, as soon as it plays back from a clock at normal speed, you'll be back to square one. Hope that all makes sense.

I use varispeed all the time, but I also run an analogue desk for summing and therefore run the mixes out to my Alesis Masterlink anyways. Occasionally if I'm doing a mix in the box, I print the analogue output of PT to the ML, or sometimes use the real-time sample rate conversion in one of my Apogee units (Rosetta 200 or PSX100 etc).

Good luck with all this. Drop me back a note if you get stuck.

Cheers

Steve Bush
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 AM

An easier way to do this is by using some of the plug-ins that emulate this.

http://imsproav.com/main/SOUNDTSpeed.html
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Elastic Audio set to Varispeed

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••