Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 PM

Default Time Stamp question

Hey guys, got a perplexing issue.

I have many PT files on my hard drive, and as you know, each project has its own folder, which contains the actual PTX files.

Ok, so I recently opened Folder A (we'll call it) so that I could open up a PTX it contained. I played around with that session. Eventually, I saved it and closed it.

The next day, I noticed that a couple of other PT folders (we'll call them B and C) got time stamped (under "Date Modified") at the time I closed the PTX file in Folder A. I hadn't touched folders B and/or C at all.

NOW, when I say that folders B and C got time stamped, I'm talking only about those folders and NOT the PTX files they contained. The only way I can see this happening is if I had opened up PTX files in Folder B or C and then closed them again without saving them and before enough time elapsed that a Session File Backup would have been created. But...I didn't open any files in Folder B or C.

Anyone ever run into such a thing? We just upgraded to the very latest version of Ultimate, and we're on a Mac cheese grater tower.

A second odd thing...it was only Folders B and C which somehow got new timestamps...no other of the many folders I have on the computer were similarly time stamped.

So weird...?

Last edited by johnnyv; 02-21-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Time Stamp question

Could there be any custom presets saved in folders B or C session folders that were used in folder As session? Hey I’m just wondering aloud here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2019, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Time Stamp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hudson View Post
Could there be any custom presets saved in folders B or C session folders that were used in folder As session? Hey I’m just wondering aloud here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, that's a good suggestion that I'm going to dig deeper on. I have theorized similarly but haven't opened up all sessions involved to see what processes they may have in common...