How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Setting MIDI tempo to match loop

Hello,
I am working on a loop based project and can't figure out how to make my additional midi line play at the same tempo as my loop. Is there some sort of Tempo setting function where you can set a tempo to your selection. Like selection =1 bar and PT will adjust tempo accordingly? Is it Identify Beat? If so how does that work. Please help.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Setting MIDI tempo to match loop

did you import an audio loop and now youre trying to match it with a pattern in the midi track? This is hard to do if you did not create the loop in the midi track, because the audio loop may not snap to the midi grid or tempo exactly.

Its hard to import an audio beat and then match it with a subsequent midi track. Even if you get the tempo or BPM exactly right, there will be drift after about 20 seconds. The alternative is to switch the MIDI track to SLIP mode and hand draw in each beat to sync with audio beats, you can duplicate the audio loop to extend it, and select and duplicate the midi notes to extend likewise, but you will need to go down the timeline and align each note to each beat, etc.