Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2019, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Recorded track gets moved ahead PT2018

Ho Ho Hold yer horses here... This is a well-known ProTools bug, and I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned it here.

First of all, double check your ProTools session and see if there are any Aux channels in your session that have plug-ins inserted (a reverb return, delay, whatever) that have an input assigned, but there are no channels sending to it. That particular bug in the mixer causes delay compensation to be wildly higher than it should be, based on what you're actually doing.

Also, if you're creating an effect-laden sound with a bunch of stuff, bussing it down, and printing it to a track - that will throw off delay compensation in a big way, and will result in the audio being inserted WAY ahead (as you've witnessed) on the timeline. I'm pretty sure I've lost clients over this.

Really comb through your session, including any deactivated and/or hidden tracks, remove inputs, outputs, and inserts (or just delete the tracks out of your current version of the session file) and see if the problem persists.

This is a software bug. It's not your fault. You're not crazy.

Last edited by Mixchump; 03-07-2019 at 09:01 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 03-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Default Re: PT moves recorded audio early. HELP! PT2018

I think I'd wanna see what the mix window says as far as latency on all tracks and what ADC is doing - also would want to see what else is in the session.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6