How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-19-2019, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Plug in appears in Audiosuite menu but not in my inserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailymc1 View Post
No-one seems to have answered the actual question?
I've got the same problem. Just installed a plug-in from computer music & says it's an insert (it's called SpeakerSIM.... looks really interesting for getting that 'telephone' effect on a vocal, but course, time to experiment...) & I can see it in my audio suite plug-ins (which, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what they actually are?... surely you can process any audio by just bouncing out?!) but not in my insert, yet, the screen shot in mag says its there?!... flummoxed as this has happened a few times!?...
Anyone?
Are you trying to put a mono plug on a stereo track or vice versa?
I suggest you spend some time reading the PT User's Guide (aka The Manual) to see what AudioSuite plugins are and how they work. Short story is AS plugins only process a user-selected portion of audio and not necessarily the whole track. And it's destructive whereas a plugin on an insert leaves the audio alone and is applied after the fact.

Also make sure that plugin is either RTAS or aax32 which are the two insert plugin formats in PT10.

Can you post a link to where you got the plugin from so we can get a bit more background?

QAPLA!