Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2020, 04:10 PM

Default the Command key... allow legacy functionality please!!

hey all, I've posted this before but ....

AVID- please allow legacy behavior for the CMD key on mac. The Slip mode toggle thing still screws me up everyday and also affects shortcuts while holding it. I would like PT to not always intercept this "CMD" press as me wanting to temporarily goto Grid while in slip. I want CMD to always mean "fine adjustment" no matter what you're trying to do. Seems like this is how it was until 12.5. I am constantly having to check my edit mode now and can't edit as fast while in Slip since this was introduced. for example- if I'm in Slip mode and press command to do separate clip while holding a selection - PT just loses the selection and thinks I wanted to change to a grid selection instead. However I was really just holding it down to do shortcuts faster.

Ideally I'd love a preference to allow Slip mode to ignore grid toggling altogether. That is, after all, why I would edit in slip in the first place. Please analyze how this used to work - it used to be much more efficient while speed editing.

this thread explains it, so does this one.

thank you!!

Last edited by bolooki; 03-27-2020 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added links