Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2015, 03:32 AM

Default Who is in charge of the STEINBERG EUCON Connector?

Currently it's V7, but where do we need to go to report bugs/suggestions?
Is this AVID maintaining the connector? Or is this Steinberg having an SDK with which they write their own connector?
I would like to get in touch with the guys that actually own this module.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Who is in charge of the STEINBERG EUCON Connector?

Half of below is NOT working:
Get deep control over all aspects of Steinberg Cubase. Simply install the EuControl software, follow the instructions in the EUCON Application Setup Guide, attach your Artist Mix, and you're ready to go.

Artist Mix features in Cubase:

Gain editing and mixing accuracy using high-resolution faders and rotary encoders
Instantiate and edit plug-ins, EQs, instruments, busses, groups, inputs, and mix destinations directly from the surface
Flip any editable parameters from the rotary encoders to the faders
Lock any surface fader to any track in Cubase using the Direct Assign feature
Create and save up to 48 different fader configurations as Layouts that save with your project file
Toggle automation modes for each channel from the surface
Toggle the Cubase mixer on or off from the surface
Name tracks and parameters with up to nine characters
Get access to a selected track’s eight Quick Controls (Cubase 5.5 and later) using the Quick Controls (QC) knobset
Instantiate and edit VSTi parameters directly from the surface (Cubase 5.5 and later)
Old 04-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Avid

Steinberg maintains the Cubase adapter.

Avid provides a EUCON SDK with features that can be implemented with 3P applications. We have good relationships with 3P's and a system by which we can assist their implementation and updates of EUCON.

JC
Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 PM

Hi JC, that's good news, I understood from Steinberg that they are preparing the v3 version of the sdk, I think it would be good to re-align and get some joined view on what should be supported. I.e currently in Cubase 8 I can't get the mix button to work and there are more little quirks
Old 04-21-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphie View Post
Hi JC, that's good news, I understood from Steinberg that they are preparing the v3 version of the sdk, I think it would be good to re-align and get some joined view on what should be supported. I.e currently in Cubase 8 I can't get the mix button to work and there are more little quirks
Are you saying that the implementation of Eucon in Cubase might be enhanced in the near future? That's good news.

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to customise the order that plugin parameters appear across the control surface so you can make sure that the parameters you like to use most always appear in the same place. For example, you open any compressor plugin and the first knob could always be the threshold control, the second knob could always be the ratio control etc. So much more intuitive than scanning through pages and pages of controls you rarely use.

The mixer button works fine for me in Cubase 8 by the way (Win 8.1).