Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Default Unable to get past first ASC support page, need temporary PT license after ilok fails

Hi I've been trying to access the ASC support page but can't get past the first "STEP 1" page. It's just blank with no links or buttons to continue. Is this a bug or is Avid just terrible with their support?

After buying a new ilok recently PT10 worked well for two weeks and then the ilok starts flashing non-stop and won't be recognised by my Macbook or ilok.com. I can't believe these iloks are so unreliable, I've never dropped it and it's always been on my desk or plugged in. And now I'm stuck in the middle of a session with a deadline waiting!

How can I contact Avid for a temporary license so that I can at least buy a new ilok and use it while the broken one gets fixed by Pace? My friend tells me that's what I deserve for insisting on using a paid software, he refuses to use anything with iloks out of principle because of bad support and iloks. Maybe he has a point after all...