Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Access violation occured

Ok I got the Mbox 2 mini yesterday and Pro Tools LE 7. Everytime I try to open Pro Tools I get the message "access violation occured" followed by "A fatal exception has occured. Pro tools must exit. A log file has been written to: C:\program files\digidesign\pro tools\pro tools utilities\exceptionlogfiles\log-(sequence of numbers)". I have tried calling the store I bought it from and the person who sold it to me (who also uses the program) told me to try installing it with antivirus turned off. I did this but to no avail, so I did the support search on the digidesign website and it gave me the answer "find the setup.exe and choose repair" which I did and, yet again, it still comes up with the error message and will not even get into the program. If anyone knows anything else I can do please tell me. You can reply here or IM me, my AIM sn is chasm5340.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Access violation occured

Check here http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#802377

Also check compatibility and uninstall all 3rd party plug ins for startes.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:53 PM

I have an original Mbox which had been running le 7 1.0.17 (original upgrade disk). The only thing that changed on my system was the system battery failed. I had preserved the settings on paper, got the new battery and now the system works as before. BUT the day the cmos battery failed and I had to tell it the date and time just to boot up, I got this error message you got. I have reviewed all my documentation regarding hyper-threading, dma, etc. and think I'm good to go but then... I have repaired, reinstalled, and full reinstalled and still. While the Windows error message was open I copied it to my desktop. It's a text file but I'm not knowledgeable enough to look at it and go ah ha!. Somebody at Digidesign might know about a new Win Update or setting which can cause PT le 7 not even to open.

Digidesign must love it when the newbies figure stuff out. What I had evidently done was download a third party PACE driver which blew me out of the water. I used system restore and voila! Now their cs6 freebie works as does the iLok 5 point whatever.

It was a coincidence to the battery as it turns out.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:21 AM

check my thread. " access violation" and see if that works for you for PT.