Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2010, 06:10 PM

Default problems with automation and groups

Two problems that I'm hoping someone would be able to help with. The first issue is periodically I will lose the ability to write automation. Also randomly to a track it will lose all of the set auto enable settings that I chose, and I will not be able to change them back without creating a new track and then dragging the audio there. The last bug I have been having is I make groups such as drums, strings, etc. and if I try to go back and add a track to the group by selecting modify group, the group will still be there but there will be no tracks in the group and I will have to add all the tracks again. Any help would be great.
By the way I am running pro tools HD 8.0.4 on a macpro with a 192 i/o and a c24 incase that has anything to do with it.
Thanks, Devin
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM

Default Re: problems with automation and groups

Have you trashed your pref's with the tool in the sticky at the top of the forum?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 PM

Default Re: problems with automation and groups

A common mistake is clicking the automation selector popup (volume, pan, mute, etc) while holding down the command key. This will make the visible automation parameter inactive, so it feels like a "dead track.' The name of the automation playlist will be in italics to indicate this (yes, a bit subtle, esp. since PT8).

Hope that helps...

dc