Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 PM

Default PT 11.3 is a nightmare!!

I just upgraded from 11.2.1 to 11.3. For starters, the Bounce to Disc function is still NOT working and Avid claims that it's been fixed. And to make matters worse, now I cannot get the system to even record!! Imagine that, a DAW that will not record. So, since there is no way to do an uninstall easily with PT 11 (no uninstaller) I went to the Sweetwater website for advise (it came up first in the google search if I recall). They had a very specific set of instructions on how to uninstall PT 11 and I followed them. I then went back to PT 11.2.1 and when I opened a session I noticed that all my 3rd party plugins are GONE!! I do see the Waves V9 plugins in the Apps folder but PT 11 doesn't see them. Needless to say this has been one heck of an evening. Any suggestions on how I can get PT 11 to once again recognize all of my Waves V9 plugins and the other 3rd party plugins I have (Lexicon LXP Native). I am very disgusted right now with what 11.3 has caused. 11.2.1 worked fine except for the Bounce to Disc function. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:23 PM

Default Re: PT 11.3 is a nightmare!!

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

What is your OS version? Computer? RAM? Are your plug-ins in the plug-in folder? What interface are you using? What hardware driver?
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:29 PM

Hey

That is a nightmare

Have you tried to delete preferences and databases as the plists are in that step and then PT11 will reload all your plugins. It takes a few minutes depending on how many plugins you ha e but its worth a try. It only does that long reload once after you trashed prefs and dbases.

Again sorry to read this as it's a real downer when these issues occur

Best Regards
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchlight View Post
I just upgraded from 11.2.1 to 11.3. For starters, the Bounce to Disc function is still NOT working and Avid claims that it's been fixed. And to make matters worse, now I cannot get the system to even record!! Imagine that, a DAW that will not record. So, since there is no way to do an uninstall easily with PT 11 (no uninstaller) I went to the Sweetwater website for advise (it came up first in the google search if I recall). They had a very specific set of instructions on how to uninstall PT 11 and I followed them. I then went back to PT 11.2.1 and when I opened a session I noticed that all my 3rd party plugins are GONE!! I do see the Waves V9 plugins in the Apps folder but PT 11 doesn't see them. Needless to say this has been one heck of an evening. Any suggestions on how I can get PT 11 to once again recognize all of my Waves V9 plugins and the other 3rd party plugins I have (Lexicon LXP Native). I am very disgusted right now with what 11.3 has caused. 11.2.1 worked fine except for the Bounce to Disc function. Thanks.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-31-2014, 02:57 AM

Had this happen to me a few times...

Unfortunately, un-installers (or lack of), seems to be an unwelcome growing trend with many software devs.

Unofficial word is that it's sufficient to simply trash the PT app itself, but officially Avid's guidance : http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...uninstall-PT11 , implies the need to trash the following :

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/"Audio"

This is what removes your 3rd party plugs from Pro Tools. Why this is deemed necessary is beyond me, (unless these instructions are intended as a permanent uninstall - but perhaps this should be made more clear by Avid).

Only solution I found was to re-install 3rd party plug-ins.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm running a 3.4 ghz imac with 32 GB RAM. I did manage to get back to PT 11.2.1 and got all my 3rd party plugins reinstalled and recognized by PT. Has anyone else had the issues I mentioned with 11.3? The bounce to disk still doesn't work right (crashes with an AAX-9173 error), and recording is impossible. Tracks arm but when I arm the transport, the transport remains static, with the "waiting for midi" alert message even though I don't have the F11 key engaged in midi prefs. The transport will not start it just remains at record ready.