Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems

Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 on AVID ISIS???

Hello,

For years I have been using a fibre connected Facilis san for Pro Tools on a Mac. We have two rooms and use single user write volumes so each room gets a write volume and can play back files from the other as a read only volume. This has worked well. We are now in the process of upgrading all of our AVID products. (Our media composers have been on UNITY for the same amount of time that Pro Tools has been on Facilis.)

We are about to put all of our 7 Media Composers, 2 Video Satellites and 2 Pro Tools systems on the same ISIS 5000 shared storage system. Anyone else out there doing something like this? (We are PT10 now, will be PT11)

My concern is that I'm moving off of a dedicated fiber home run to a gig e backbone. Bandwidth? Thoughts??
Tom Lewis
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 on AVID ISIS???

I've seen it work on the ISIS 7000 but those have redundant 10GigE up-links to the switch
I have run Pro Tools session off of an X-Serve in 10 was not a problem that were only 1 Gig connections

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig