Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 and OSX Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo116 View Post
I have it working fine on my mac mini (late 2012) on Mavericks (pro tools mp 9.0) i havent had the chance just yet to do a full check up (recording session)... but ive been mixing a few tracks since last night... no hiccups.

i have to STRESS tho that this is still not safe yet...ill be back in the studio on sunday so ill update this post later that evening..or earlier if i go in..

Please dont make any major changes until its verified!!
Hi, any news about it? Does Protools 9.0.6 run with MACOSX 10.9?
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojocinco View Post
Hi, any news about it? Does Protools 9.0.6 run with MACOSX 10.9?
Like someone said earlier in this thread - back up your system and give it a try. Of course PT9 was developed so long ago (way back in OSX 10.6.8 days) that it's doubtful it'll run on Mavericks. More important will your computer run Mavericks?

QAPLA!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:40 AM

I doubt this will work but give it a try if you dare

I had stability issues after about three weeks with PT9.06 and 10.8.2

That forced me to pick up a secondhand copy of PT10 and I had built a hack so there was no going back to 10.7 for me - that hardware was for a 10.8 build (apple likes to change video cards every rev of software that come out)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoegizi View Post
Does anybody know if the new Mac OSX will be compatible with Pro Tools 9? I would love to upgrade but not if it jeopardies my software.

Thanks!
Just had the same problem until I updated to Pro Tools 9.0.6. Free on the Avid site for Mac or Windows. PT seems to be working fine running Mavericks through a Macbook Pro (2013). Dunno why everybody has to be so damn snotty about it, tho.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercblake View Post
Just had the same problem until I updated to Pro Tools 9.0.6. Free on the Avid site for Mac or Windows. PT seems to be working fine running Mavericks through a Macbook Pro (2013). Dunno why everybody has to be so damn snotty about it, tho.
It's not supported, if you have problems you are on your own for trying to fix it and the Uninstaller is broken

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Default Pro Tools 9 and OSX Mavericks

Take the high rode ( ) spencer, everyone is trying to save you some headaches.
You have no idea how many people come on this forum screaming - 'My Pro Tools is broke' Avid Sucks and on and on, when they are in fact running incompatible hardware/software combo's

Not to mention every time I turn around apple is introducing a new software versions. Ridiculous
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:51 AM

Seriously, I have no idea what people are thinking.

Back in the olden days you'd have to be an absolute fool to run PT on a system with non-qualified ANYTHING. If you use a qualified system and can follow the simples rules, your system will almost certainly work with minimal hassle.

The difference is now it's a hobbyist market, whereas back then you invested the price of a CAR into your PT rig precisely because you had paying clients who you did not want to fail and did not risk that happening by running on some OS that blatantly wasn't qualified. Same with people who use cracked plugs, just not worth the potential hassle.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:06 PM

I have decided to test PT 9 on Mavericks myself. So far, it seems to be working just fine. However, I did not go all in with the Mavericks test. I changed my internal drive to a dual boot system first, with Mavericks on one partition, Snow Leopard on the other, with Pro Tools on both.

Like others have said, if you want to try it, go ahead. However I would suggest having a way to go back if it doesn't work; and do not expect support from Avid, unless they make the decision to release an update that has Mavericks compatibility.

The Kid.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_w1 View Post
Seriously, I have no idea what people are thinking.

Back in the olden days you'd have to be an absolute fool to run PT on a system with non-qualified ANYTHING. If you use a qualified system and can follow the simples rules, your system will almost certainly work with minimal hassle.

The difference is now it's a hobbyist market, whereas back then you invested the price of a CAR into your PT rig precisely because you had paying clients who you did not want to fail and did not risk that happening by running on some OS that blatantly wasn't qualified. Same with people who use cracked plugs, just not worth the potential hassle.
A lot of us cannot afford a new interface and are stuck with the Digi002 surface which is compatible with PT9 and lower, but not with PT10 or 11…which are compatible with Mavericks, while 9 isn't. I know. I have old equipment. And Avid has my money to show for it.

Sorry…we're not all swimming in upgrade dollars after plunking down hundreds and even thousands for what we already have. We use that money to upgrade our studio gear because we kinda hope the software and hardware we spent serious money on will last us for a good while.

That's why every time Apple puts out a new OS, the Avid community lets out a collective groan because Avid's going to shed more loyal users off the compatibility list.
OS X 10.8.5
Too many hard drives to count
Old 08-04-2014, 12:19 AM

I just upgraded to Mavericks from Mountain Lion and PT 9.0.5. still works fine for me. I typically have around 10 tracks, each with a couple plugins and some virtual instruments going. It is a little buggy but no more so than when it was running on ML (which it also isn't officially supported to do).