How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2008, 07:49 PM

Default Master Mute Safe for Profile control surface

Dear Digidesign,

I just finished a tour with a major recording artist using a Profile, which I love. There is one problem with the desk which I'm hoping you will address. There is no "safety cover" for the master mute switch which is uncomfortably close to the VCA 8 mute button. Although I got through the whole tour without incident during a show, I did hit the master mute several times in soundcheck when reaching quickly for the VCA mute. I ended up taping a top from a water bottle over the switch to cut down the fear factor. Any chance you could engineer a cover into upcoming products? Any chance you could add a cover to existing desks?

I doubt I'm the only guy who has had issues with this although I can't find any other posts. I'll look forward to all responses.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Master Mute Safe for Profile control surface

OR maybe the option to change that master fader into a selected channel fader.

Paul, maybe this will help you. I feed my PA using Matrixes and the pickoff point for the Matrix is post-insert, but pre-fade. I believe this basically disables the master fader for my purposes and the mute along with it.

I started doing that because I'm driving my subs from an aux, and I was tired of people bumping the master fader if they thought pre-show music was too hot when I wasn't standing at the desk.

Dave