Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Default Message for Eddie Jones

Hey Eddie. I look forward to your response regarding Logic Pro X bugs.

I realize that Pro Tools is your priority and that making competing DAWs work 100% with EuCon is less so.

There are some very very very old Logic X related bugs that deserve a little attention. In addition to that, Apple has made recent changes such as increasing the bus count to 256, this has screwed some things up in the PT Control iPad App which I also use.

I have invested into 5 of these control surfaces going back to the MC days, by the way.

A comprehensive review of all Logic X <> EuCon functionality would be nice. Is that in the realm of possibility??

thanks in advance
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Message for Eddie Jones

We do review each DAW every release, but a lot of the time have to rely on the DAW manufacture (who write the EUCON into their code) to fix bugs.

Is there anything specific other than what you say about the large track count (which I'll ask someone to look at)?
Old 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
We do review each DAW every release, but a lot of the time have to rely on the DAW manufacture (who write the EUCON into their code) to fix bugs.

Is there anything specific other than what you say about the large track count (which I'll ask someone to look at)?
Yes sir, there are two longstanding Logic X bugs. One is that EuCon surfaces show some extra text when you try to insert a plugin from them. For example where it's supposed to say "Amps" it says "z001Amps".. "Delay" is "z002Dela" etc. I've attached a picture for reference.

The second is that sometimes plugin names show up completely blank on the surfaces. You can turn them off and on with the buttons, and go into edit mode, but with a lot of plugins on in a large session it's impossible to tell what you are affecting.

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1978 copy.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 PM

Eddie, I wanted to give you more detail about how the PT Control app is misbehaving for Logic:

These all apply to channel mode

1. Input page (audio tracks), the center section shows a single page with bus 254-256 but the 8 choices are completely different, there should be multiple pages here which correspond to every possible input and bus available.

2. Output page (audio tracks) has the same problems as input. I believe the additional busses added by Apple messed this all up.

3. Input page (software instruments) is blank. Is there supposed to be a selection of AU instruments to choose here?

thanks again

Last edited by robertg; 01-13-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:53 PM

One more old Logic X bug for the list.

Plugins that are opened from the EuCon surfaces frequently close immediately and need to be re-opened.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Avid

I played with Logic 10.3.3 for a bit this morning.

The plugin names not showing up is an old bug and we know about that and Apple have been informed.

I can't reproduce the funny char that proceed names though ?

Can you say what is going on with the high track counts and the Control App. I was running over 400 tracks (inc Inst) and whilst it took a while to add the Instrument tracks, after that it was working as expected ?
Old 01-16-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I played with Logic 10.3.3 for a bit this morning.

The plugin names not showing up is an old bug and we know about that and Apple have been informed.

I can't reproduce the funny char that proceed names though ?

Can you say what is going on with the high track counts and the Control App. I was running over 400 tracks (inc Inst) and whilst it took a while to add the Instrument tracks, after that it was working as expected ?
If you can't reproduce, I'm going to try clearing my XML files in case it's something related to my eucon key customizations

The PT control related bugs aren't with high track counts, I was only working with one track, but what is selectable on input and output is not right, I'll send you more detail and screenshots later
Old 01-16-2018, 06:04 PM

Hey Eddie, I've just tried this on a system that has never had Eucon on it before and the bug is here too. Can we make sure you are trying to reproduce it the following way?

Logic > New Project. Create one instrument track

Go to eucon controller, inserts, config mode

choose insert 1

There you should see the choices.. No Plug, Recent, etc.. and if you scroll right the bugged category names appear. z000Amps, z001Dela, z002Drtn, z003Dnmc.

This is on an MC Mix

Here are my versions for this system if that helps.

OS X 10.12.6
Logic Pro X 10.3.3
EuControl 3.7.0 138

Thanks

Last edited by robertg; 01-17-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 PM

Eddie, any luck with this? I'd hate for this issue to not be investigated thoroughly. Can you ask your team to check it out?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2018, 07:12 AM
Avid

I want to check this out myself but wont be in front of a system with Logic till Wednesday.