Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-29-2019, 08:36 PM

Default PT9 to HD9 or HD10 crossgrade?

Greetings,

I've been sleuthing through posts around the interwebz but haven't been able to find anyone else in the predicament I'm in. Having a sort of a legacy question, I'm prone to reading out of date information or following broken / non current links about my options.

I had used PTLE since 5.x and, always the good boy, purchased each upgrade ending at PT9 with the MPT ~2011. After several years dormant, I came back to making music and purchased HD hardware (HD3 Accel & (2) 192 I/Os) secondhand. I shared an HD10 license iLok with a with my partner depending who was available to do edits or a mix, life was simple.

Fast forward, he's moving and the option to swap this iLok between our rigs is ending. I had (for reasons unbeknownst) thought a crossgrade from my (still retained) PT9 + MPT to HD9 was simple. I'd purchased several TDM plugins prior to the "LE-only" craze that I've become accustomed to using and would like to continue to track and mix on the HD hardware. What (if any) options exist to crossgrade or upgrade to the HD software from my current licenses? I don't have the have ability (or desire) to upgrade beyond HD10 at this time but also don't want to abandon the HD hardware and revert to PT9 and purchasing 3rd party converters / interfaces.

Any Ideas?

Thank you, -R