Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 08-19-2018, 02:33 PM

Default Waves ReWire Missing / Izotope Error

Hi All,

I find myself in a vicious circle of errors. It began when Pro Tools informed me Waves ReWire was missing. I've looked into this and followed a procedure to remove 'Installed AAX Plugins' file, which worked for a while.

Unfortunately, suddenly, when Pro Tools scanned all the plugins, I get an error on loading when it reaches the iZotope plugins (DDelay, Nectar, Ozone Imager, RX5, Vinyl, ). I've attached an example:

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1534712110

I've tried reinstalling Pro Tools and iZotope plugins, but the problem persists. When I remove the iZotope plugins, Pro Tools loads, but the Waves ReWire is still missing. The first time I do this Pro Tools has a list of other plugins to put in the unused folder:

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1534714038

Then I get this low RAM message:

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1534714131

I'm so confused. Any ideas? It's doing my head in.

Thanks

ACPI x64-based PC
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Audio Interface: Fast Track C400
IO: Windows 10 Home
DAW: Pro Tools 2018.7 / FL Studio 20 / Cakewalk (Bandlab)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error 1.jpg (29.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Failed to Load.PNG (77.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Physical RAM low.PNG (19.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2018, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Waves ReWire Missing / Izotope Error

Not sure, if I delete AAE preferences on my PC, because of the number of plugins I have, I typically have to restart pro tools 3 maybe 4 times before the AAE preferences are fully built. Don’t know that this the issue you are seeing. Another approach is i remove my UAD folder and Waves Shells and then get protools to load without errors and then drop UAD , reopen PTs, shutdown, place Waveshell back into plugins folder and restart.

Again not sure if what I proposed is what your seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-19-2018, 07:24 PM

Don't have the Waves issue but have seen the failed plugins thing a few times and had the Izotope issue a few days ago after trashing prefs (which also caused a minor version of the failed plugins issue). I'm a little hazy because the solution seemed a bit happenstance but I seem to remember that after a couple of failed attempts to start Pro Tools I simply closed out the error dialogs associated with Izoptope (clicked the corner "x" boxes) and then opted out of placing all the failed plugins in the unused folder. This allowed me to open Pro Tools with some missing plugins. Then I closed Pro Tools and re-opened and everything scanned properly and was back to normal.

Hope this helps.
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 08-20-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Clear View Post
Hi All,

I find myself in a vicious circle of errors. It began when Pro Tools informed me Waves ReWire was missing. I've looked into this and followed a procedure to remove 'Installed AAX Plugins' file, which worked for a while.

Unfortunately, suddenly, when Pro Tools scanned all the plugins, I get an error on loading when it reaches the iZotope plugins (DDelay, Nectar, Ozone Imager, RX5, Vinyl, ). I've attached an example:

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1534712110

I've tried reinstalling Pro Tools and iZotope plugins, but the problem persists. When I remove the iZotope plugins, Pro Tools loads, but the Waves ReWire is still missing. The first time I do this Pro Tools has a list of other plugins to put in the unused folder:

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1534714038

Then I get this low RAM message:

http://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1534714131

I'm so confused. Any ideas? It's doing my head in.

Thanks

ACPI x64-based PC
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Audio Interface: Fast Track C400
IO: Windows 10 Home
DAW: Pro Tools 2018.7 / FL Studio 20 / Cakewalk (Bandlab)
Here's an answer for the Waves Rewire deal:
https://www.waves.com/support/cant-f...st-application

That third message used to show up regular on a plugin rescan in PT10 due to limited memory in a 32 bit operating system and daw. Although looking at your system specs and if they're accurate you definitely need more ram. 8 gig minimum; it's a wonder PT even runs at all with just 4 gig.

QAPLA!
Old 08-20-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That third message used to show up regular on a plugin rescan in PT10 due to limited memory in a 32 bit operating system and daw. Although looking at your system specs and if they're accurate you definitely need more ram. 8 gig minimum; it's a wonder PT even runs at all with just 4 gig.
Thanks, I've fixed it another way. Yes, sadly, my computer sometimes struggles.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:40 AM

It's fixed now. Thanks for the helpful replies. Your posts persuaded me I was dealing with two separate issues, rather than a problem between Waves and iZotope. This is what I did for anybody else in my position:

Just to recap, the initial problem was Waves ReWire missing. I had had this problem before. I removed 'Installed AAX Plugins' file:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools

However, this time I found it crashed Pro Tools on loading when it came to iZotope.

I dealt with iZotope first, as suggested, by removing them to the unused folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused)

I opened Pro Tools with a project - ignoring any error messages relating to other missing plugins and ram (see the second two attachments). I then closed PT. I returned the iZotope plugins back into the AAX Plugins folder.

Opened Pro Tools again - this time the iZotope plugins loaded - and made sure I could open iZotope plugins in a project. I shut PT once more.

I next opened Waves Central and selected Repair from the Install. After it completed, I opened Pro Tools and everything was good.

Musicman691's Wave ReWire suggestion may do the same quicker:

https://www.waves.com/support/cant-f...st-application

Thank you

Last edited by Suddenly Clear; 08-20-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I've fixed it another way. Yes, sadly, my computer sometimes struggles.
You ARE going to add more ram right? If you don't you're going to continue to have issues.

QAPLA!
Old 08-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You ARE going to add more ram right? If you don't you're going to continue to have issues.
I hope to get a new PC and a new audio interface.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I hope to get a new PC and a new audio interface.
Just make sure it's properly spec'd to run PT. PT has some rather stringent system specs. You can never have too much ram, processor speed or processor cores. But until you get that new system don't plan on doing much of anything with PT. You'll only frustrate yourself otherwise. Do use the time to research PT and what it can do. Make Google and YouTube your friends.

QAPLA!
Old 08-20-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Just make sure it's properly spec'd to run PT. PT has some rather stringent system specs. You can never have too much ram, processor speed or processor cores. But until you get that new system don't plan on doing much of anything with PT. You'll only frustrate yourself otherwise. Do use the time to research PT and what it can do. Make Google and YouTube your friends.
I'm not really a newbie - I've just got a crap computer - lol! Seriously, I appreciate any advice. I've been tinkering about for years. Interestingly (for me at least), my old synth-based band from the early 90s are currently in discussions about reforming to record our material to a higher standard. Any recommendations for a PC for under a £1000 ($1280)?