Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2013, 11:05 AM

Default Licensing Troubles on new Mac

Yesterday I got a new macbook pro and have been trying to reinstall all of my plugins and pro tools 10. While trying to transfer all of my plugins to my iLok, I clicked the transfer license to another account button, which I thought meant to my iLok. It ended up surrendering my Pro Tools 9/10 license and now I can't open Pro Tools. As I realize this was my fault, I was given no warning upon clicking it and am incredulous that I could LOSE my license by clicking one button. I have contacted PACE and they tell me to contact avid. I am quite upset that Avid has NO support unless I cough up 40$. I have no idea how I am supposed to get my licenses back and have no one to contact. What should I do? Thanks for your help guys!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Licensing Troubles on new Mac

I should also say that I see my licenses in the iLok license manager under the "Unavailable" tab.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeter7 View Post
Yesterday I got a new macbook pro and have been trying to reinstall all of my plugins and pro tools 10. While trying to transfer all of my plugins to my iLok, I clicked the transfer license to another account button, which I thought meant to my iLok. It ended up surrendering my Pro Tools 9/10 license and now I can't open Pro Tools. As I realize this was my fault, I was given no warning upon clicking it and am incredulous that I could LOSE my license by clicking one button. I have contacted PACE and they tell me to contact avid. I am quite upset that Avid has NO support unless I cough up 40$. I have no idea how I am supposed to get my licenses back and have no one to contact. What should I do? Thanks for your help guys!
Hi

I am forwarding this to the Avid people and they can start a support case if needed.

PS. What happens if you right click on the unavailable license and click repair and or transfer to your ilok again?

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-05-2013, 11:18 AM

I assume you mean you were trying to transfer plugin licenses between iLoks or from your iLok.com account to an iLok. Sorry to ask but there have been cases where users actually thought that software/plugins etc. could installed on an iLok.

This is a new product sales/registration type problem for which Avid usually provides free support, or wost case if a new sale you'll have a complementary ASC to use to contact Avid.

You can try by starting here... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en384651

Avid folk here may also get involved.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:19 AM

Thank you so much for your timely reply! If I right click it, activate, deactivate, and take ownership are all greyed out. I can only click "hide details."
Old 12-05-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I assume you mean you were trying to transfer plugin licenses between iLoks or from your iLok.com account to an iLok. Sorry to ask but there have been cases where users actually thought that software/plugins etc. could installed on an iLok.

This is a new product sales/registration type problem for which Avid usually provides free support, or wost case if a new sale you'll have a complementary ASC to use to contact Avid.

You can try by starting here... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en384651

Avid folk here may also get involved.
I noticed that I had some licenses that were not transferred to my iLok so I was attempting to do that. This was my first time using the new iLok software. Seems I made the mistake of clicking transfer to another account, which ended up surrendering my license for PT 9/10.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I noticed that I had some licenses that were not transferred to my iLok so I was attempting to do that. This was my first time using the new iLok software. Seems I made the mistake of clicking transfer to another account, which ended up surrendering my license for PT 9/10.
Avid have started a Support case for you and will contact you as soon as they are able to do so.

Your support case number is ... 02291582

I forwarded this to the Avid team so this will be done by the right people

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Can't thank you enough!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Can't thank you enough!
No worries

I do what I can and we are here to help you out

You have your support case mumber in my post above.

I got in touch with the BEST and Avid have put your Case in to Customer Support who will be in touch very quickly I am told
Best of luck and please post back when you are up and running again

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
No worries

I do what I can and we are here to help you out

You have your support case mumber in my post above.

I got in touch with the BEST and Avid have put your Case in to Customer Support who will be in touch very quickly I am told
Best of luck and please post back when you are up and running again

Christopher
Chris,

Can't thank you enough! Problem solved. I was issued a new license thanks to you and a merciful avid. Thanks so much!