Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2015, 06:39 AM

Default PT MP 8.0.5: parts of audio disappearing and timestamp

Hello all,
I'm a rookie user of Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.5. I' d love to hear your opinion about the following that happened (more than once). While I was working on editing tracks, I zoomed out to find that some parts of other audio tracks were missing. Specifically, see the attached image #1 (bucoforum.jpg).

The area I highlighted in red was "corrupted" some parts were missing (from red audio), some parts were missing from the insertion point to the beginning of track (see green click track on top), some parts were missing as a region (blue tracks, beyond insertion point). I have no idea why this happened, I would love to understand what I did wrong (if anything) so not to repeat it. I was editing using keyboard focus, deleting unwanted audio and applying fades, you know, the usual.

My system is Win 7 ultimate SP1, i3 3,2GHz, 8Gb RAM, Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.5 though 2 Profire 2626. But I bet the system has very little to do with it.

On with the second issue: when I tried to restore the files from the regions area (see attach #2 timestamp.jpg) boh the original/user timestamp were like way ahead in the session (bar 4209 whereas I was aroud 73). So I had to align this by hand. I'm pretty sure something escapes me but I can't tell why, hence this post.

Any help is welcomed!
thanks,
Roberto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bucoforum.jpg (89.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg timestamp.jpg (80.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-17-2015, 06:38 AM

Default Re: PT MP 8.0.5: parts of audio disappearing and timestamp

Small update. The issue happened again but I was lucky enough to notice what causes it. It's the "a" command (trim left to current cursor position) in keyboard focus mode.

Pressing the "a" to trim a region will randomly cause some parts of other regions to disappear. The weird thing is that the hole created doesn't seem to have "rules". One region disappears entirely to the cursor point, one other region for a random length (always up to the cursor though) and another stays.

No ideas?