Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 AM

Unhappy code 7 error message. !!!

hi guys turned my pc on and low and behold error 7 everytime i click on the pro tools 9 icon. ive reinstalled it and still the same. any ideas to the fix. all other programs open on the pc just not pro tools.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:58 AM

Default Re: code 7 error message. !!!

hi joe i have the same protools error code-7 meesage,if you come across any fixes for this error code can you e-mail me or send a post,it is almost impossible getting a hold of avid,been a month and still don,t have an answer back from them yet,good software,but brutal support system,if you hear anything you can get back to me at [email protected],thank you.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 AM

had the same problem with mp 9 on windows 7 & tried all the options posted here with no results so I went to pro tools face book forums & got a lil advice that helped remedy the problem hope it helps you guys as well.... Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (or Start menu button) and press the letter "R" to open up the Run dialog.
Type msconfig and click OK.
The System Configuration Utility opens. Under the General tab, choose Selective Startup.
Deselect Load Startup Items.
Go to the Services tab and choose the option to Hide All Microsoft Services.
Click Disable All.
Click on the column labeled Manufacturer to sort items by manufacturer.
Locate all items with Avid/Digidesign/M-Audio/PACE listed as the manufacturer.
Check them and click Apply.
Close the System Configuration Utility.
Click Restart to restart the computer.
You can revert to the original settings by running "msconfig" and choosing Normal Startup.

To add the 'Run...' dialog to your Start menu:

Right-click on your Windows taskbar and choose Properties.
Click on the Start Menu tab.
Click on Customize.
Scroll down until you find 'Run command' and select it.
Click OK.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Windows 7, mini, and le8: The problem is with windows 7 drivers. It works fine and one day it doesn't because your computer updated. That shouldn't be a problem technically but avid needs to provide a dedicated page for such update problems. I also spent a few hours troubleshooting, and this is what I decided. To update to a newer pro tools was way more expensive and unnecessary for me recording needs. For 39.99 I upgraded to windows 8 and voila! I did receive an error a day later about I lock drivers upgrade, which I did and it was fixed. At leas it told me where to fix the incompatibility versus some code error with no explanation. I also paid start8 for $5 to add the start button back to windows 8. I hope this helps.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyslab View Post
had the same problem with mp 9 on windows 7 & tried all the options posted here with no results so I went to pro tools face book forums & got a lil advice that helped remedy the problem hope it helps you guys as well.... Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (or Start menu button) and press the letter "R" to open up the Run dialog.
Type msconfig and click OK.
The System Configuration Utility opens. Under the General tab, choose Selective Startup.
Deselect Load Startup Items.
Go to the Services tab and choose the option to Hide All Microsoft Services.
Click Disable All.
Click on the column labeled Manufacturer to sort items by manufacturer.
Locate all items with Avid/Digidesign/M-Audio/PACE listed as the manufacturer.
Check them and click Apply.
Close the System Configuration Utility.
Click Restart to restart the computer.
You can revert to the original settings by running "msconfig" and choosing Normal Startup.

To add the 'Run...' dialog to your Start menu:

Right-click on your Windows taskbar and choose Properties.
Click on the Start Menu tab.
Click on Customize.
Scroll down until you find 'Run command' and select it.
Click OK.
Edit/Delete Message
Did you realize this is a standard recommended 'optimization'? If it had been done in the first place there would have been no need to go to the pro tools facebook forums.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 02-21-2015, 01:45 PM

I had the exact same problem and I just resolved it less than 2 minutes ago. The problem just started this morning. What is causing the error message is not protools but another program. I tried the method suggested by mannyslab but it didn't work. However, when I went into my uninstall/install programs menu and uninstalled everything which I had installed a day earlier (mainly Itunes and all the stuff that came along with it) and restarted my computer, BOOM, protools started working correctly again. The method given by mannyslab is more of a process of elimination method to try to find the program causing pro tools to be blocked, I would recommend you just going in and uninstalling all the programs you installed prior to the problem.