How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Announcements > Technical Alerts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default Pro Tools v12.0 Now Available

Much of what's new in the initial release of Pro Tools 12 was done to improve the Activation process, Upgrade/Update Notifications, add subscriptions, etc. Though additional features (upgrades) will be rolling out soon, the initial (.0) release of Pro Tools 12 does include the following:

Expanded Licensing Options
  • Subscription—Access Pro Tools only when needed through a low-cost monthly or annual subscription. All subscriptions include access to an Avid upgrade plan, providing the latest Pro Tools features and upgrades, plus access to our Customer Care team for support. Subscription makes it easy for anyone to create with the industry’s most trusted and used audio tools at a lower cost of entry. (Please note that subscription is not available for Pro Tools | HD software at this time.)
  • Pro Tools software perpetual license—Purchase and own standalone Pro Tools software or upgrade/crossgrade to the latest version. All full software, upgrade, and crossgrade purchases now come with a one-year Avid annual upgrade plan, providing the latest Pro Tools features and upgrades, including Cloud Collaboration and other upcoming features mentioned below, plus access to our Customer Care team for support. Plans must be renewed annually to keep the software current.
  • Pro Tools system perpetual license—Get Pro Tools software bundled with professional Avid audio hardware by purchasing a complete Pro Tools system such as Pro Tools | HD Native, Pro Tools | HDX, Pro Tools | Duet, Pro Tools | Eleven Rack, or Pro Tools | Mbox Pro. Some systems, such as Pro Tools | Duet and Quartet, include a one-year Avid annual upgrade plan, but others do not. For systems that do not, customers can get access to the latest features and upgrades by purchasing a separate Avid annual upgrade plan.
In-app Marketplace
  • Search, browse, purchase, and/or rent plug-ins directly from within Pro Tools, without having to quit, install, and restart any software to start using them
I/O Setup
  • Changes to the Output and Bus pages
  • Virtually unlimited Bus paths
  • Subpaths for Output paths
  • Automatic downmix and upmix of Output busses to Outputs paths of different channel widths
  • New Monitor Path setting
  • Session Interchange and I/O Mapping improvements
  • New keyboard modifiers for enabling and assigning Output busses
  • Audition path improvements
  • AFL/PFL path improvements (HD)
  • Ability to restore the I/O Setup from the session
  • I/O Settings files automatically created and recalled for different Playback Engines
  • New Organize Track I/O Menus By preference
  • Ability to import IO Settings from session files
  • Access to the I/O Setup in the Session Notes dialog
Session Metadata
  • The new Metadata Inspector window lets you view and edit metadata for sessions
Dashboard
  • The new Dashboard window lets you create or open sessions (replacing the Quick Start window)
Obtaining the Software
  • Customers that Redeem/Activate starting on 3/23/2015 will see the upgraded product (including installers for Pro Tools 12.0) and an "Access the Support Center" link in their Avid account, and the updated License Bundle in their iLok account.
  • We are in the process of converting existing accounts/products for Pro Tools Software and Systems that are entitled to Pro Tools 12 (including those on Upgrade Plans and EDU version owners).
See the Pro Tools 12.0 Information & Downloads page.