Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Bouncing all track in seperate waves... ??

Uups, if they do batch processing that would be new to me. Could you give more details, Hassan?

Thanks

Mark
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM

Just a thought but if you route each track to another audio track to print the processing for those tracks individually as was suggested earlier.

And also send the room to an audio track you would have a bit more flexibility per track in terms of EQ and compression and what not since the separates prints would not have the room on them. . . just a stem of the room and its result on all tracks.

when pulled up and separate the mix would be the same but there is the ability to adjust Vox up or some EQ's and in the end the verb return would probably still be ok...

Worst case save that particular setting and include it (if its a Plug In verb)

It would also be easy enough to copy over the send levels for each track onto the new prints and disable them but the levels would be the same if needed again...

Anyway just got me thinking...

Or just tell them raw audio delivered you can do . . or paid recalls either way.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
Uups, if they do batch processing that would be new to me. Could you give more details, Hassan?

Thanks

Mark
Logic Pro has the menu item: Export | All Tracks As Audio Files' as well as an Export | [Selected] Track As Audio File. These have been there for a couple version now perhaps as long as the Track Freeze feature?).

I forget what it is in Nuendo 4 (still running 3 myself). But, even in 3 it is not more than a two-step process which does not vary (no matter how many tracks you need to export).

This would be a feature greatly appreciated in PT (especially now that VIs are there).

Hassan
Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songwriters View Post
OK.. so I thought correct

So in that case there are no solution at all, than to bounce each track separately one after another in real-time... sad...

Am I the only one who have been asked to deliver all the tracks after mix ?
Deliver all tracks? Rarely, if ever.

However, that is not the only reason for the multi-track export feature. I end up working consistently with PT, Logic, Nuendo and Digital Performer.

When it comes to interop / sharing / importing / exporting, Pro Tools is the only problem child, choosing not to play as well with others :-(

On the other hand, overall, PT has the best workflow for mixing. So, the audio makes it way to PT in the end.

Hassan
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanDavis View Post
Deliver all tracks? Rarely, if ever.
Yeah I'm with u Hassan; thatz different, @ least if u mixed it & it's done; if they're goin with it then that should be that on that; I can see them asking for stems but each track is weird especially with the processing on each; I don't know Songwriter(s)... Sounds like they may be trying to Bend u over @ Da'45

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)