Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2017, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Does PT have a spectral view for special cleanup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Pro Tools has had a vibrant 3rd party plugin ecosystem for decades. It's part of what made it an industry standard. And as such, Avid doesn't need to add features already covered by their partners. In fact, such things are frowned upon.

Other DAWs on the other hand, will pack whatever they can into their apps to attract customers.

Users simple need to do their research, demo software, and choose what's best for them. Easy.
True. Still no third party app can do spectral view in a workable way for pro tools. It has to be native.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:22 AM

To the OP: buy Izotope RX and move on.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 05-17-2017, 07:47 AM

Yep, spend more money to stay with the already unjustifiably overpriced PTHD. Solutions to PT shortcomings (but sadly, not bugs) can be found in audio editing applications internet-wide. Multi-stop shopping is the only solution.

RX Elements
$99 USD
$129 reg.
BUY NOW
Learn More

rx-6-std-padding
RX 6 Standard
$299 USD
$399 reg.
BUY NOW
Learn More

rx-6-adv-padding
RX 6 Advanced
$799 USD
$1199 reg.
BUY NOW
Learn More

rx-pps2-padding
RX Post Production Suite 2 (Best Value!)
$999 USD
$1499 reg.
BUY NOW

ASUS Sabertooth, Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
32 GB 1600Mhz Corsair RAM
SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 05-17-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teolin View Post
Yep, spend more money to stay with the already unjustifiably overpriced PTHD. Solutions to PT shortcomings (but sadly, not bugs) can be found in audio editing applications internet-wide.
Well, I'm no wild and crazy PT defender, but two important points here. 1 - my other main DAW is Cubase, and that has bugs aplenty and no spectral repair. 2 - iZotope, I'm virtually certain will be better and more comprehensive than any bundled DAW solution, so not exactly like-for-like.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 05-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Well, I'm no wild and crazy PT defender, but two important points here. 1 - my other main DAW is Cubase, and that has bugs aplenty and no spectral repair. 2 - iZotope, I'm virtually certain will be better and more comprehensive than any bundled DAW solution, so not exactly like-for-like.
The thing with native spectral view is simply much better overview of what audio you got in front of you, easier faster navigation, it's simply like comparing black / white photos to color ones.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
iZotope, I'm virtually certain will be better and more comprehensive than any bundled DAW solution, so not exactly like-for-like.
Oh, you should see how Samplitude handles that... The control is gives you is incredible! One of the top reasons Samplitude users love their software.

I came to PT, just to be able to collaborate with other professionals more efficiently. It's been a constant "you also have to buy this and that..." for me ever since.

Even the cheap, low-key Adobe Audition has a very serviceable spectral view. They should make the damn thing.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan View Post
True. Still no third party app can do spectral view in a workable way for pro tools. It has to be native.
I have not used Samp. seems like a great DAW but I use Mac.
And no doubt it all depends on one's usage for Spectal View .
However if it is actually for audio clean up
It appears Izotope RX actually gives you more like what you get with Samps add on Spectral correction application (arguable for less money) and more.

I use RX 4 and it is pretty full featured

Here is an excerpt from SOS

The Spectral Cleaning Editor

Although it's very convenient to have spectral editing available within the VIP, the degree of editing available is fairly basic. However, if you have the Magix Cleaning & Restoration Suite add-on, you will then have access to the Spectral Cleaning Offline Editor, which is much more fully featured.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 09-29-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Pro Tools has had a vibrant 3rd party plugin ecosystem for decades. It's part of what made it an industry standard. And as such, Avid doesn't need to add features already covered by their partners. In fact, such things are frowned upon.

Other DAWs on the other hand, will pack whatever they can into their apps to attract customers.

Users simple need to do their research, demo software, and choose what's best for them. Easy.
So Drew, what 3rd party plugin allows spectral editing within ProTools? I was cleaning pops out of a poorly recorded track recently and the client showed me how easy it was with spectral editing in his Adobe product. It was humiliating, frankly. ProTools looked positively obsolete at that point.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
So Drew, what 3rd party plugin allows spectral editing within ProTools? I was cleaning pops out of a poorly recorded track recently and the client showed me how easy it was with spectral editing in his Adobe product. It was humiliating, frankly. ProTools looked positively obsolete at that point.
Using RX with Pro Tools

Pros using RX and PT

It's entirely possible that PT isn't for you. But as you can see above, it works perfectly for many.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
. . . what 3rd party plugin allows spectral editing within ProTools? . . .
What about Spectra Layers Pro 4?

I have an offer in "My Special Offers" from Avid to pick it up for 50% discount. The demo is convincing for removing unwanted background noise or isolating vocal tracks against a dense background.

I am considering popping for it. What say ye?
PT10.3.10HD(Tyan s2932 [8core Shanghai 2.7GHZ] 32GB,Win7 SP1); PT10HD(Tyan s2892 w/10GB, Win7 SP1);PT8HD(Dell 690 quad Xeon 3.0, 8GB, Win7,192 I/O, 96 I/O);MacBook Pro: 11R, Apogee Element 46, Focusrite 8PreX PT HD 11.3.2; Mac Pro 3.47 Hex 32GB, OSX 10.12.6/L10.4.2;L9.1.8, 2.64TB; G5 D2.3 4GB, 10.4.11/L8; 12c MP 2.66/32GB PT12.4; Structure, GigaGS3, Kontakt 5, Garratin, Sibelius 8.7+, Finale26,EMU,Vegas Pro 16-10/; RME HDSP9652,MOTU 2408 MKIII/1224/308, FX,Kurz,L5s,Strat,ASAT,JB,Zon