Old 01-11-2017, 03:04 PM

Default Re: On the fence about renewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by latweek View Post
Or how 'bout "Semi-ProTools™"?
Because you get only half of the features you pay for? LOL
Old 01-11-2017, 03:26 PM

I have let my HD "plan" lapse as of 12/27, although I was just contacted by my retailer about renewal. IF (big IF) they can cut me a serious deal then I will consider renewing but I feel like sending the message of "voting with my feet" as it were. 12.7 is stable enough for me to work. I don;t think I got $599 worth of value over the past year, much less $399 worth and have serious concerns of what that $399 will get me over the next year. If I have to sit out a few years then so be it. Not sure what feature will be a game changer to make me renew to stay current. Definitely not "clod" collaboration. :)
Old 01-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX-1Bk2 View Post
I have let my HD "plan" lapse as of 12/27, although I was just contacted by my retailer about renewal. IF (big IF) they can cut me a serious deal then I will consider renewing but I feel like sending the message of "voting with my feet" as it were. 12.7 is stable enough for me to work. I don;t think I got $599 worth of value over the past year, much less $399 worth and have serious concerns of what that $399 will get me over the next year. If I have to sit out a few years then so be it. Not sure what feature will be a game changer to make me renew to stay current. Definitely not "clod" collaboration. :)
You said it well. My last day on the PTHD Train to a stable, happy and feature rich tomorrow ended Jan. 4.

"I'll have a hamburger, for which I will gladly pay you Tuesday." Circa Popeye, 1932 and Cheers, 1990. (Where Avid is the Popeye character Wimpy and the rest of us are the hamburger cooking subscribers.)

ASUS Sabertooth, Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
32 GB 1600Mhz Corsair RAM
SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 01-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Stanonbass. I've seen you post issues over the years and I feel your pain.

I was all hot on Studio1.3 but I find its's GUI hard to get used to. Logic is always a great alternative. I was going to drop HDx and use UAD cards with something else but in the end I upped in November and am happy.

I'm not trying to downplay the costs but it's only money. If you drop off and want to come back it will mean that there is a really good reason that drove you back. You can monitor the DUC and if you see others with a similar system are having success with a future version that has interesting new features then you curse yourself and break out the credit card.

There are costs to what your considering but if you do come back it will be for good reason.

Hope this helps.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.