Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 PM

Default Cannot Download Pro Tools 10.3.4 from my Avid Account

Hello, I'm trying to redownload the Pro Tools Express 10.3.4 installer from my Avid Account for Windows 7 after formatting my PC.
My issue, is that, after logging in and start downloading the zip file, after downloading 400 of 787 MB of the file, it's stops downloading and marks it's complete. Obviously, the file is corrupt and doesn't allow me to open it. Something similar happens with my Avid Virtual Instruments Express bundled with my fast track duo.

I have already installed the iLok drivers, and the iLok manager without issues, and my fast track duo drivers.

Is there an issue with Avid servers? Where can I download the files without this issues?

Sorry for the inconvinience, and thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Cannot Download Pro Tools 10.3.4 from my Avid Account

Hi and Welcome to the Community

I will pass this along to the admins and see what what.

Just to make sure, have you tried another web browser to see if that is the issue?

And do you have any virus protection on which could mess with the download?

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the download is corrupt, or we would have more users with the same problem.

I can only suggest the same advice that Christopher gave above, and to clear your browser download cache and delete the partial file or files you already tried to download before trying again.

One other thing you could try is to right-click on the download link and try saving it to a different location, such as a second hard drive.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:42 PM

Nevermind, I found a solution forcing the download with IE 10 when it fails, resuming it. The file integrity seems full. I'll do the same with the Avid instruments Express.

Thanks either way. Post any issue you have about it.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:50 PM

I tried on my laptop, on a second OS I have in another HHD (Debian) and a netbook, having the same issue. I could solve it using IE10 on Windows 7, letting download normaly, and when it fails, I try to resume the download, and there I just waited, and the download after a while begun again (seemed to force the server eventually to react again).
May be there is an issue with my internet provider and the Avid server (I'm from Argentina).

Now I'm doing the same thing with the Avid Virtual Instruments Express for windows. Seems to work, despite being somehow slow.