Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 05-29-2004, 03:19 PM

Default ilok driver not working on brand new ilok, help!

Thought I'd ask here before I have to spend $25 just to send ilok support an email- what a rip-off!!!

I'm running XP. I set up an ilok account. Downloaded the "client helper" from the site. Ordered a brand new ilok from them. Opened it up- plugged it in and the "found new hardware" popped up. It found the ilok driver (from "client helper" I assume?) but when it tried to install I got this message

"There was a problem installing this hardware: ilok
an error occured during the installation of the device
access is denied"

Did I do something wrong or is this a bad dongle out of the box? Anone else run into this problem??
I still can't get over having to pay to email them a question!!!!!

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Default Re: ilok driver not working on brand new ilok, help!

I could be wrong, but I think you may be confusing the client software with the actual iLok drivers.

You download the iLok Client software from iLok.om in order to work with iLok.com from your computer. That is only needed to manage licenses, and download deposited assets.

If you are dealing with an iLok that is already authorized, or trying to authorize an iLok using an electronic license card, then you don't need to go to iLok.com at all. But you do need to have the iLok drivers installed on your system.

The iLok drivers are different software, installed during newer Pro Tools installations, or you can always download the current drivers from the link on our downloads page to the PACE iLok driver download page:

http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html

You want the one at the top of that page for Windows.

Also linked from the Digidesign iLok information page:
http://www.digidesign.com/support/ilok

If that information does not help, then you need to give more information about what licenses you have in what form and how you are trying to install them. (download demo auths, download full license, install from license card)
Old 05-30-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: ilok driver not working on brand new ilok, hel

Thanks for the response.

I downloaded the drivers you mentioned. Odd that they don't tell you where they are on the ilok site (or I missed it somehow).

Anyway, I finally got it to work on ANOTHER computer. For some reason MY computer still won't install the drivers.

So, I downloaded the license I purchsed (digitranslator) and I know the ilok is working, but it still does me no good because I can't use it on my system. Obviously the problem is something very specific to my machine, does anyone have any trouble shooting ideas? I've uninstalled/rebooted and installed/rebooted several times with the same result. I have all of the current XP upgrades installed- service packs ect. Not sure what else I can try?? Thanks!