Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2019, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Price policy apart, In a business where client are looking for stability and assurance that their paying time in studio will not be fraught with loss of time on crashes, one is best not to be on the breaking edge of technology if their system is rock solid. We may all be vexed by the Pricing policy Avid and other companies have embraced, the sole responsibility of compatibility and stability remains on you (the professional who are offering their services for money). Jumping on every OS release is the best way to make sure that you will not be able to offer a stable system to your clients.
Really, that's the part in my post you felt the need to comment on? Good stuff.
Okay, I never said being on the bleeding edge of tech is advisable. I don't know where you're coming from or why you feel the need to patronize.
I have three different locations I do most of my work. Each has at least two running workstations (mostly Hackintoshes safe for one iMac Pro) as well as a 100% by Avid certified computer (cheesegrater MacPros) running a 100% by Avid supported OS (High Sierra) - as a backup should things go south with the more modern rigs.
So don't worry about me, and the stability and service I present to my clients, I'm doing fine, thank you.

However, the backups are backups, collecting dust because I haven't needed them in a while. And my Hackintoshes as well as my iMac Pro are running Mojave, and as many others PT is running fine for me in this config (after a few bigger issues with the iMac Pro and Avid support being involved for a while.)
So what is your point? Was that another dumb attempt at defending Avid? They don't need to provide Mojave support, since you shouldn't work with recent tech anyways? Are you guys still serious?

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-25-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
Really, that's the part in my post you felt the need to comment on? Good stuff.
Okay, I never said being on the bleeding edge of tech is advisable. I don't know where you're coming from or why you feel the need to patronize.
I have three different locations I do most of my work. Each has at least two running workstations (mostly Hackintoshes safe for one iMac Pro) as well as a 100% by Avid certified computer (cheesegrater MacPros) running a 100% by Avid supported OS (High Sierra) - as a backup should things go south with the more modern rigs.
So don't worry about me, and the stability and service I present to my clients, I'm doing fine, thank you.

However, the backups are backups, collecting dust because I haven't needed them in a while. And my Hackintoshes as well as my iMac Pro are running Mojave, and as many others PT is running fine for me in this config (after a few bigger issues with the iMac Pro and Avid support being involved for a while.)
So what is your point? Was that another dumb attempt at defending Avid? They don't need to provide Mojave support, since you shouldn't work with recent tech anyways? Are you guys still serious?
Auch wenn Du zu 100 % Recht hast, solltest Du an Deinem Ton im Umgang mit anderen arbeiten. Bitte!
Video Slave 4.3.477
Old 04-25-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstian View Post
Auch wenn Du zu 100 % Recht hast, solltest Du an Deinem Ton im Umgang mit anderen arbeiten. Bitte!
Oh, Hergott im Himmel... Ich brauche keine Belehrungen in Bezug auf den Umgang mit anderen, ich bin schon groß und mein Charakter gefestigt.
Mein Umgang ist m.E. der Sache angemessen. Wenn ich Idiotie sehe, darf ich sie Idiotie nennen. Es gibt einen Unterschied zwischen Benennung und Beleidigung. Ich beleidige niemanden, aber muß Schwachsinn nicht mit Ehrfurcht und Demut begegnen, sondern darf ihn beim Namen nennen.
Wenn Du das anders handhabst - bitte, gerne. Aber bitte heb' Dir Belehrungen für Deinen Nachwuchs oder Deine Haustiere auf.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-25-2019, 02:09 AM

Wow people can't even be bothered to argue in English on here anymore. I'll chip in with my pidgin Welsh if you think that will help.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post

Yes, to sum it up:
1) shut up and pay, also for nothing in return
2) it’s your fault when AVID doesn’t release a compatibility update

haha
Old 04-25-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Wow people can't even be bothered to argue in English on here anymore. I'll chip in with my pidgin Welsh if you think that will help.
Would be fun anyway
Old 04-25-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
1) shut up and pay, also for nothing in return
This thread is getting boring. As I said in a previous post, Avid charge us this money simply because they can. They're a business - they're not a charity or a government body, and this is not a democracy. So the only option you have is to vote with your feet.

The one other thing you can do is this: if you can show that Avid entered into a legal agreement with you to provide an updated version of the software within a certain time and failed to do so, you can ask for your money back under the terms of whatever consumer protection legislation applies in your country. But you won't be able to show that.
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 04-25-2019, 08:05 AM

I am fine with being charged money if the product I am receiving is worth the cost. Its just not.

We are 4 months into the year and still no new version of protools. And what features are we getting for 400 a year? I am seriously wanting my money back at this point. They just don't have their crap together it seems. I might move to a totally different system soon. Cubase and studio one are looking more and more like something I will consider soon.

I could have kept my money and canceled the subscription and be in the exact same place I am now. On the same version. 2018.12.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
There's lots of competition in the "Pro" market. Yamaha, Digico, Soundcraft, Midas, Studer, Allen and Heath, SSL, StageTec, Calrec, AMS/Neve, Rupert Neve, Meyer Sound, and others all build recording, broadcast, live sound and control surfaces for Protools (and other DAWs) at the same price point, or higher, than the S6, S6L, and S3 surfaces.

What there ISN'T is competition in the home and project studio markets. Other than the Artist Mix, Presonus Studio Faderport, and Behringer X-Touch, there's basically no control surfaces that are affordable for the home and small studio market. And forget trying to find a decent real console for that market that isn't used or 20+ years old. (I have a 48 channel Soundtracs Quartz for sale if anyone is interested). And forget trying to find a current product that will work as BOTH a live sound console and a control surface for Protools. I have a Yamaha DM2000 that I will be using once I sell the Soundtracs console and free up that space in my remote truck. (I also have an Artist Mix).

The Pro market isn't about less competition, it's about better margins than the home and project studio market.
This train wreck of a thread lets me feel i can safely go off topic and reply that i use a Qu32 for both control surface and interface for PT2018 Native in "Home" studio. It does not have all the functionality of an S series but with a street price ~ 2500 USD for 32 inputs, etc and much less for an Qu16 I would say they are workable for live and small/project studio work without breaking the bank. More than necessary for singer/songwriter/100 VI type work , but i can record a whole band at once with multiple mics on pretty much anything.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:47 AM

It's April 25th. When does the Pro Tools 2020! thread begin?