Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1081  
Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 AM
64GTOBOY's Avatar
64GTOBOY 64GTOBOY is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 681
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
It's been 111 days since the start of 2019.
  • How long is "Coming Soon?"
  • Avid why so long for Mojave compatibility?
  • Why so long for bug fixes?
  • Will we ever see new features?
  • It's almost mid-2019 and we're still using 2018.12.

Bookmark the count-up timer here:
http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/pt2...ntuptimer.html
Read the thread for the answers
__________________
Dell XPS 8900 i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 32 Gig Memory:Seagate 2 TB,1TB,4TB,500gb EVO OS Windows 7 Ultimate
PT 2019.6 Native through A&H Qu-32
Reply With Quote
  #1082  
Old 04-23-2019, 09:17 AM
amagras amagras is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 3,192
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
Read the thread for the answers
That's a rather long task since this is post #1082
__________________
Dell XPS 8700. Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz. RAM: 16GB. Windows 10 Home x64. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645. NI Komplete Audio 6. Pro Tools Software 2019
amagrasmusic.com
Reply With Quote
  #1083  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:04 AM
falcowe's Avatar
falcowe falcowe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: United States Nashville, TN
Posts: 15
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
That's a rather long task since this is post #1082
Hey amagras, this link should at least partially answer your questions.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...sive-interview
Reply With Quote
  #1084  
Old 04-23-2019, 11:14 AM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 11,639
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

We know it is scheduled for may 2019 so no need to speculate on that!
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #1085  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:07 PM
JFreak's Avatar
JFreak JFreak is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 16,249
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We know it is scheduled for may 2019 so no need to speculate on that!
Yes, but does this thread have post #2019 before that
__________________
Janne
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Reply With Quote
  #1086  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:13 PM
RobertDorn RobertDorn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 156
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Yes, but does this thread have post #2019 before that


Or every post on this thread adds another day of delay in the release.. So we’re going for ProTools 2022 meanwhile


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
__________________
Apple iMac Pro 10-core 3GHz | 128GB ram | Mac OS 10.13.6 | Universal Audio Apollo X16 & X8P | Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.6
Reply With Quote
  #1087  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:24 PM
stanonbass stanonbass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 912
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Still no updates. I feel seriously ripped off. I am bailing on this subscription thing. Its a waste of money. I will freeze my version on whatever usable version they release next and be done with it. No point to continue to update if this is what I am being given for 400 a year. Its just not worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #1088  
Old 04-23-2019, 02:07 PM
gnjlee gnjlee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posts: 166
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
Still no updates. I feel seriously ripped off. I am bailing on this subscription thing. Its a waste of money. I will freeze my version on whatever usable version they release next and be done with it. No point to continue to update if this is what I am being given for 400 a year. Its just not worth it.
I paid my yearly renewal early this year thinking something was right around the corner and I wanted to stay in the good graces of AVID. It is becoming tempting, bordering on fiscally advantageous, to freeze my system.

I understand what the reasoning is for the delay, but as a customer who has paid in good faith every year since Avid decided to go to subscription / yearly paid updates, the disappointment is building. Especially so considering Avids punitive reinstatement fees.

I like the idea someone floated in this thread, of giving us a few months credit at the least on our subs as an olive branch.
Reply With Quote
  #1089  
Old 04-23-2019, 02:08 PM
jchan jchan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 258
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjlee View Post

I like the idea someone floated in this thread, of giving us a few months credit at the least on our subs as an olive branch.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #1090  
Old 04-23-2019, 02:30 PM
jasonkalman jasonkalman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 84
Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnjlee View Post
I paid my yearly renewal early this year thinking something was right around the corner and I wanted to stay in the good graces of AVID. It is becoming tempting, bordering on fiscally advantageous, to freeze my system.

I understand what the reasoning is for the delay, but as a customer who has paid in good faith every year since Avid decided to go to subscription / yearly paid updates, the disappointment is building. Especially so considering Avids punitive reinstatement fees.

I like the idea someone floated in this thread, of giving us a few months credit at the least on our subs as an olive branch.
I've got an idea for a new feature. (In by best Avid marketing voice) "Not only do you have Track Freeze but in our latest update we are now offering the most advanced Pro feature on the market: Subscription Freeze. This new feature will allow you to get nothing for nothing, a HUGE advancement in audio technology while in past you could only pay to get nothing"

But seriously, Avid hasn't only lagged in their software development, they have also lagged in the hardware development. While all the other audio companies are coming out with updated hardware with the latest in AD/DA conversion technology, Avid has sat on their hardware offering no new updates to their HDX, Omni, Pre or I/O hardware. I can't think of a serious audio company that hasn't offered Mojave support or options to get the latest in audio interface technology. MTRX is nice but the price is ridiculous. $5,000 for a base unit is not anywhere near what most new systems are going for. A fully loaded MTRX would cost well over $10,000.

What the hell is going on at Avid?
__________________
Pro Tools 2018.12 Ultimate, Omni, I/O, Pre, HDX, Logic Pro 10.4.4, UA Apollo UAD-2, UAD-2 Satellite, Waves 10 Mercury

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman

Last edited by jasonkalman; 04-23-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 features for pro tools vanilla ? cmbourget Pro Tools 2018 29 03-04-2019 03:00 PM
Namm 2019 jeffro General Discussion 2 01-26-2019 10:22 AM
Looks like at least 2019 before new Mac Pro K Roche Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) 3 04-19-2018 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com