Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Avid

Default New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Old 03-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Default Re: New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Hello Eddie,

when do you think there will be the next update of EuControl?

Hank
Old 03-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Avid

Hopefully soon (April). I'm trying to knock out some of the most annoying bugs on here first.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Hi Eddie. Very happy to have you! I'd love to be a part of any beta testing you may have on Avid Control app as well as Artist Mix & Artist Control.

I have a list of features and bugs I've experienced that hopefully will be addressed in the upcoming updates.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 03-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Avid

Thanks for the offer, for now we already have a lot of testers that is hard to manage but I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 AM

Hi Eddie, happy to see you here!. I really like when I have the chance to talk with a product manager face to face.
Cheers! Adrian

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 01:23 AM

Hi.

I use the dock and s3 all day every day. I'm hoping Eucon commands for copying and pasting clip effects will be available in the next version. Also on the wish list but I'm sure harder to implement would be the ability to copy and or move buttons on the soft key pages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanob99 View Post
Hi.

I use the dock and s3 all day every day. I'm hoping Eucon commands for copying and pasting clip effects will be available in the next version. Also on the wish list but I'm sure harder to implement would be the ability to copy and or move buttons on the soft key pages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Man alive... being able to easily drag and drop Eucon commands around would be a GODSEND... because we all evolve how we do things as we make sense of our setup.... so not being locked to one way of doing things would be so helpful without having to judge whether we want to start completely from scratch.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:03 PM

Looking forward to the Release!!! Maybe there is something on the horizon for musikmesse 2017?

My top 3 requests:

- custom plug-in mapping (!!!)
- linear knobs
- better soft key editor (copy/paste of buttons and button pages)
Waiting ages for all of these.

Cheers
Stefan
Old 03-11-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hi

I'm the new Product Manager for all EUCON surfaces. I used to manage the S5, Max Air, S5MC and I designed the S6, but I now look after all surfaces. Whilst I can't promise I can reply to every post, I will make sure I read your comments as much as possible.

Eddie Jones
Nice to hear Eddie!

I'm hoping to have Trim automation working again the way it was working with previous EucCon software for the Artist Series Mix & Control.

I have another post regarding this.

In short, trim automation could be selected, you made your adjustments with the faders and then when exiting the faders would be controlling the main volume lane. This way the trim automation lane would be "hidden" behind the main volume automation lane and your faders on the Artist Series Mix & Control wouldn't move (since they are not followinf trim, just following main volume).

Currently the faders follow Trim so it's annoying to hear the fader noise on the Artist Series when mixing with clients, especially for post session where the fader noise can be quite loud when we mix on different playback systems.

Hopefully you can address!

Others suggestions:
1. Fix the surround panning on the touch screen on the Artist Control.
2. Eucon Layouts can remain locked when you have different window configurations (ie show hide tracks in Pro Tools). So when you're only working on selected groups and only showing those tracking your layout remains the same OR

Have subgroup layouts for different window configurations!! That would be awesome!