Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2018, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Ultimate 2018 Update renewal - Heat & Complete Plugin Bundle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I just bought Ultimate a couple weeks ago. And there is no mention of Heat in any of my accounts.
I noticed that the UVI Falcon plugin showed up in my iLok account today (the 30th) and has an expiration date of 11/14/19, which corresponds to the date that I activated my Ultimate license, and current Complete Plugin Bundle subscription.

Not no Heat.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 12-01-2018, 03:53 AM

Could a moderator, or someone from Avid please clarify this? Do we get Heat for free if we have PT Ultimate and subscription up to date? Do we have to renew now to get Heat? Or is this just marketing, mistake?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Avid

Post Re: Ultimate 2018 Update renewal - Heat & Complete Plugin Bundle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Anybody know how Avid is handling the complete plugin bundle renewal with 2018 Ultimate update & support plan renewals?

After the confusion last years I ended up with 3 separate iLok licenses and two subscriptions showing in my account, all with different expiration dates. I renewed my plan and none have updated to reflect another year.

Also, scanning down the Avid PT product comparison page I noticed it states heat is included with PT Ultimate. Here is a C&P direct from the page:

This would be great though I have my reservations...
Hello WKG,

The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle is included with Pro Tools | Ultimate Update and Support Plans. A license bundle is deposited in your iLok account with an end date that matches the upcoming renewal month/day of your plan, and that gets refreshed for another year just prior to its end date if you renew. The installers are included within the downloads of your Pro Tools | Ultimate product (not as a separate product in MyAvid).

HEAT is not included with Pro Tools | Ultimate, so this error has been reported to our web team for correction. Thank you for pointing this out.

Best regards,
DTS
Old 12-01-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hello WKG,

The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle is included with Pro Tools | Ultimate Update and Support Plans. A license bundle is deposited in your iLok account with an end date that matches the upcoming renewal month/day of your plan, and that gets refreshed for another year just prior to its end date if you renew. The installers are included within the downloads of your Pro Tools | Ultimate product (not as a separate product in MyAvid).

HEAT is not included with Pro Tools | Ultimate, so this error has been reported to our web team for correction. Thank you for pointing this out.

Best regards,
DTS
Thanks for the clarification.

I figured the HEAT thing was likely a typo. One can hope though!
RME, Daking, Heritage, ISA, Sytek

Old 12-01-2018, 11:42 PM

THere really is something very familiar about all this... I think Avid pullled this exact same typo stunt two years in a row. I wonder how that happened.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-02-2018, 01:59 AM

...indeed its deja vu all over again. This is the thread from last year, even though all the dates appear to be out by a year - http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398574

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hello WKG,

I think a lot of people are going to be confused by this odd system, expect a steady stream of support emails like mine when the plugin license end date does not update with the Ultimate license. Probably worth a customer email to everyone who updates.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-02-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
...indeed its deja vu all over again. This is the thread from last year, even though all the dates appear to be out by a year - http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398574
Lol..that thread was just from April: two of the exact same screw ups in less than 8 months. Avid needs to do some dog whipping and get their web team in shape.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 12-03-2018, 04:18 PM

It was a typo and it's been fixed. The previous example being referenced was not a typo - the page said HEAT was included with Network Site Licenses. That caused some confusion since most of the posters up here are individual users so it didn't apply.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:05 AM

Terribly unlucky typo to have it spell out the word HEAT, co-incidentally another product of Avid’s. What word were they shooting for I wonder?

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
It was a typo and it's been fixed. The previous example being referenced was not a typo - the page said HEAT was included with Network Site Licenses. That caused some confusion since most of the posters up here are individual users so it didn't apply.

Heat being so popular, yet expensive plugin, it would so be nice for Avid to include it on a “Special” 2 year renewal deal or something, for PT Ultimate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk