Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Exclamation 8.0.3/CS1-new problem!

Have to say that I´ve had no problems at all with PT8/any version although I´m running not an up to date-PC; just some average stuff. But since I´ve updated to 8.0.3/CS1 there is some strange behaviour I want to report to the community. It is not possible to route any signal through busses to an audiotrack anymore (to record a 2track-sum instead of Bouncing To Disc, for example). I got no signal to the audiotrack, which btw worked without any problems before. I do get a signal to an Aux-track (at the same configuration) but not to an Audio-Track. And this happens only if I create a NEW audiotrack. If I open a previous PT-session with such a configuration used, it DOES work!
There´s getting signal through the busses to the audiotrack as ever before. If I want to do this at a new session, creating a stereo-audiotrack, routing all tracks to this audiotrack, enable record on this audiotrack....no signal. Just a short shot-"after" of the signal if I press Stop to stop the playback, but playing it back....there´s just nothing.
Because I´ve read no other report on the DUC about this issue I wanted to tell you about it. If anyone else has the same problem and knows how to solve it, please, let me know.
Thanks for listening, best regards,

VRW
Old 01-21-2010, 10:27 PM

Default Re: 8.0.3/CS1-new problem!

Thanks for the report. Just curious; why did you install cs1?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post

Have to say that I´ve had no problems at all with PT8/any version although I´m running not an up to date-PC; just some average stuff. But since I´ve updated to 8.0.3/CS1 there is some strange behaviour I want to report to the community. It is not possible to route any signal through busses to an audiotrack anymore (to record a 2track-sum instead of Bouncing To Disc, for example). I got no signal to the audiotrack, which btw worked without any problems before. I do get a signal to an Aux-track (at the same configuration) but not to an Audio-Track. And this happens only if I create a NEW audiotrack. If I open a previous PT-session with such a configuration used, it DOES work!
There´s getting signal through the busses to the audiotrack as ever before. If I want to do this at a new session, creating a stereo-audiotrack, routing all tracks to this audiotrack, enable record on this audiotrack....no signal. Just a short shot-"after" of the signal if I press Stop to stop the playback, but playing it back....there´s just nothing.
Because I´ve read no other report on the DUC about this issue I wanted to tell you about it. If anyone else has the same problem and knows how to solve it, please, let me know.
Thanks for listening, best regards,

VRW
I tried what you said , but not happend to me maybe you have to check yours I/0 in P,T the first time I installed 8.0.4 I lost my sound and was there I had to set manually those I/0
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Avid

Have you tried trashing prefs yet? Are all your plug-ins up to date?

I hate to keep repeating myself all over this forum, but when someone reports a problem we need to know what you've tried and the current state of your system.

Trashing prefs often fixes random issues like this. Knowing that you've taken the time to update plug-ins can help rule that out as a possible cause. Same goes for all the other troubleshooting steps.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flautista View Post
I installed 8.0.4
?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
?

8.0.4b is the beta driver for PT8.0.3 on w7-64bit.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
8.0.4b is the beta driver for PT8.0.3 on w7-64bit.
Ah, ok! I thought I overlooked smthng important ;-)
Old 01-23-2010, 06:01 AM

Exclamation Re: 8.0.3/CS1-new problem!

Thanks a lot for your answers!
I have to correct a little thing-it does not work in the previous sessions too. That was my mistake. I just tried it again with a complete new session as well as within a previous one. There is no signal if I route an audiotrack through busses to another just to record it internally. There is a signal if I use an auxtrack with the same configuration, but no signal if I use an audiotrack.
If I press STOP, I can see the playbacks level flash for a second on the meter of the audiotrack and I hear some noise from the playback for a second, which means that there is somewhere the signal?? But its not getting to the track actually.
Before trying it again, I trashed my Prefs, Databases as described and set my I/Os to default. Unfortunatley without any positive result.
@Tom -I installed it automatically because until that one I´ve never had any problems (now I know that I´ve been kinda lucky all the years)
@DigiTech -I trashed the Prefs, Databases, set the I/Os to default before I went to try it again, but unfortunately it didn´t help. And I only use Digidesign/Air-Plug Ins/Instruments (which come with the Factory Pack) and it´s all fully updated. I normally do all the updates you provide automatically, just to be sure its working (this time maybe exactly that was my mistake). I have to say, I do read the descriptions before installing it, but if you do not say not to install it (because of certain reasons), I just use every update.
My System:
PC, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600, 2,40GHz
Windows Vista, Servicepack 2, fully updated
Digi003 Rack
Pro Tools Version 8.0.3.CS1
4GB RAM
1x SATA 120GB OS Drive
3x SATA Drives for the Data/Audio etc. (2x 160GB, 1x 300GB)
(160GBs at 7200, 300GB at 10000)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT

As you can see, there are certainly more powerful systems out there, but its an average gear I guess, which should work without any severe problems.
And that is what it has done all the time. Never had any problems.
So I´m not shure what to do next, I consider just to wait for the next update, hoping it will solve the problem automatically.
Because of not being that good in the technical stuff, I better will not go too deep into that computer thing (could make it worse than it is now ). I also could go back to 8.0.1.
What do you think to be the best?
Thanks a lot for listening and taking time ,

best regards,

VRW
Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 PM

Exclamation Re: 8.0.3/CS1-new problem!

Let me leave you a final report about this issue and send many thanks to all of you!
I decided to go back to my backup which works with 8.0.1.
From that on I installed step by step the following updates to find out at which one the problem may occur.
I checked every update for the routing problem and any other important functions before I took the next step.
Finally the 8.0.3.CS1 is working and the problem has disappeared (as mysteriously as it had appeared), though everything on the PC is the same as before.
What I realized is that the 8.0.1. is more stable as the 8.0.3., but both are working right now (hopefully it will last).
Thanks again, have a great time,

greetings, Volker
Old 01-23-2010, 05:38 PM

Yes 8.0.1 is by far the more stable of the two.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com