Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-02-2020, 09:47 PM

Default Surround panner does not work with Remote Desktop

HI everyone.

Trying to find a solution to this.

I'm using "Jump Desktop" to remote control the mix stage computer at the uni I work at. Latency is great, I can monitor in Dolby Atmos using Binaural with the Dolby renderer... and it works way better han I thought it would... BUT the only thing that does NOT work is moving the dot inside the surround panner.... I can move any regular knobs, literally everything works beside the surround panner dot.

I have tried 4 different remote desktop app, and it is the same for all of them...

I'm in touch with the Jump Desktop developer team and they are willing to look into this and fix the issue but they are wondering what sort of special attribute is connected to that "dot" within the surround panner for it not to relay mouse movement information when using a remote desktop application.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not teaching Dolby Atmos 100% online and this would be a great solutions for my students if I can get this to work.