Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 06:24 AM

Default Virtual PC.

At home I've a 15"powerbook with the latest OSX and P.Tools with MBox and have no troubles at all. I am interested in putting Virtual PC onto my computer for some office applications, using OSX for music and graphics. Does anyone know of any conflicts whilst trying to run this kind of set up? I was hoping that booting Virtual PC would be as simple as booting classic.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Virtual PC.

There is nothint to worry about. I have VPC on my iBook without any problems. Anymore though, I hardly need it for anything. My day job is with an IT company and I am able to almost everything with the Mac now. Most business Apps (such as MS ofice) already have Mac versions, but I guess if you already own Windows versions of that it may be more reasonable to to just use VPS, although there will be a big performance hit.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:07 PM

Hm, not too sure if I like the idea of performance hit. Does this only happen when you run VPC and something else, or can you shut down VPC when it's not in use and power consumption is as normal.
Thanks.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:08 PM

VPC will just run way slower than your mac. You probably wont mind when using word and such though.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:53 AM

Hi,

I'm also planning to use VPC since I got a MD recorder and would like to USB transfer audio using Net MD Walkman for windows. Hope this is possible (I was also wondering if it would be possible to transfer audio data from MD to mac... that would be super cool).

I also remember making quick jingles with SoundTrek Jammer some time ago, and that's the only one I miss from my windows days. I've also spent time searching for something similar for the Mac OS 9 or OSX with no luck.

I hope I can have it all with VPC!

Just one last question: What's the difference between Connectix VPC and Microsoft VPC?

Thanks

Capi