Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 iLok Authorization Error! Cannot run PT 9.02

Please anybody knows how to fix the error msg i installed Pro Tools 9 it was working fine until this msg apear "Error,missing iLok for "Pro tools 9" I dont Know what to do I spent the last 3 days trying ti fix it I uninstall Pro tools and installed again but not result Im using

Mac OS X 10.6.7

Please anybody any ideas I'm desperate dont know what to do...........
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 AM

I am having the exact same issue as well... I called avid today, technical support sent me to customer service who just told me to try and uninstall and reinstall pro tools. Pretty annoying and I doubt it will work but I will try that and see what happens.

I feel like it is an iLok2 issue. Customer support told me he never heard of this issue before. I told him to check the forums since there are many people with the same problem and no solution. He said they are not replacing iLoks and I would have to go through the RMA process with pace and pay for a replacement.... [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ty... also, how long will I be down waiting for a replacement?

If reinstalling pro tools does not work I am going to try to find an old style iLok to purchase and try that out.

Hopefully Avid does something about this soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 AM

try moving your ilok to other usb ports. For some reason, only some of the USB ports on my system work, even though they are all directly off the motherboard...
-J
Old 04-20-2011, 08:05 AM

Nope. I tried every single usb port multiple times, restarted like crazy, tried plugging it in after clicking the icon, everything.

But....

I found a solution which a few other people already mentioned... I went on craigslist and found someone selling a first generation iLok. I picked it up last night. After I got home I moved my license from the ilok 2 to the older generation ilok on ilok.com and viola! Pro Tools 9 started right up with no problems.

So now it seems like there is definitely a problem with the new generation of iLoks and certain systems. Avid basically told me I would have to get in touch with PACE about it. I purchased the software and had to then spend extra money and waste days not being able to use my system. It is pretty infuriating, but at least I figured out some sort of solution that would allow me to actually use the software I purchased.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM

there have been multiple reports/posts about hardware issues with the new iLok2. so you're definitely not alone. it's great that the new iLoks hold 5x as many auths. but if i had the choice between the two i'd continue to stick my auths on the original one ...at least for now.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM

With ilok2, we have installed new plug-ins (Sound Toys "Devil-Loc Deluxe" for one) that replace the Pace driver and cause the hardware not to be recognized or PT authorization loss. This is further an issue when you have Slate VCC, which must have ilok2 and will not run on ilok1.

In the coming year more and more companies will become ilok2 only. I'm certain that ultimately this will sort itself out, as ilok1 becomes legacy. The added security features offered in ilok2 will bring it further into favor as driver development continues. Until then changing the sequence of driver installations and restarting the computer multiple times without opening Pro Tools has been the only fix here.

We have been able to keep it all running, but to get there is a kin to throwing Scrabble tiles in the air and hoping they will spell the right word when they land.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Avid

FWIW, I recently sent PACE an iLok2 that stopped being recognized and the LED flashed continuously - no matter what USB port or computer. The lok had roughly 60 or so auths on it...good news is that I heard just yesterday that they've reproduced the issue and has forwarded it to engineering.

Hopefully a resolve is coming soon.

Cheers,

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 AM

But no word from avid? When I talked to multiple people on the support lines they acted like they never heard of this problem and like I was the only one... I referred them to the forums where many people are having the same exact issue as myself.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Avid

you could consider MY word as "from Avid". I personally have seen the issue and submitted a failing iLok and report to folks at Pace.

Perhaps I'm missing your intent. If do, please advise.

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."
Old 04-21-2011, 09:35 AM

thanks for the update Tim.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff