Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 04-11-2015, 01:16 PM

Default Re: What A Freaking Joke.. Come on AVID it's time you worked some of this junk out

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Is the fact that its an older unit something I should be concerned about in terms of software/compatibility?
I don't think this would be an issue. I have a mixed-generation Artist setup - two Avid-branded Mix units and one Euphonix-branded Transport unit. Unless there's something particular to the Control which differs between generations, it should be fine.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:41 PM

Default Re: What A Freaking Joke.. Come on AVID it's time you worked some of this junk out

Quote:
I'm seriously considering a second hand Euphonix (older) Control V1. I use both Windows and Mac, can live without the Mac but not without Windows. Should I pull the trigger or look elsewhere? Is the fact that its an older unit something I should be concerned about in terms of software/compatibility?

Thanks!
Not sure about the older units, but I have a Control V2 and two Mixes connected on my PC and it works without a problem day-in day-out.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:01 PM

As long as the rom updates still work, the old ones should be fine. My MC Mix just updated perfectly and works fine.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I don't think this would be an issue. I have a mixed-generation Artist setup - two Avid-branded Mix units and one Euphonix-branded Transport unit. Unless there's something particular to the Control which differs between generations, it should be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
Not sure about the older units, but I have a Control V2 and two Mixes connected on my PC and it works without a problem day-in day-out.
Great to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
As long as the rom updates still work, the old ones should be fine. My MC Mix just updated perfectly and works fine.
Right now I'm just waiting for the seller to solve a situation with the unit's registration, because it seems like you're only allowed to get drivers and firmware if you have it registered in your account. Is that really the case?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-11-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Right now I'm just waiting for the seller to solve a situation with the unit's registration, because it seems like you're only allowed to get drivers and firmware if you have it registered in your account. Is that really the case?
That's kinda the case. Firmware updates are deployed in EuControl software installers. The EuControl download is tied to your account, but I believe the one download will service all Artist series controllers. So if for some reason you have one unit registered and another unregistered, you'll still have access to all updates for both units.

When I bought two units from a private party, there was a transfer of ownership form that we both signed. The seller submitted the form to Avid. The units were not automatically moved to my account, I had to register the serial numbers as one would when buying new.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
That's kinda the case. Firmware updates are deployed in EuControl software installers. The EuControl download is tied to your account, but I believe the one download will service all Artist series controllers. So if for some reason you have one unit registered and another unregistered, you'll still have access to all updates for both units.

When I bought two units from a private party, there was a transfer of ownership form that we both signed. The seller submitted the form to Avid. The units were not automatically moved to my account, I had to register the serial numbers as one would when buying new.
I see, thanks for the reply.

I told him that it would probably be necessary to submit a form to Avid to transfer the unit, but in the meanwhile he could download the drivers and send them to me or give me access to the account since he doesn't own anything else from Avid or is willing to own in the future (he's a musician, bought the unit and never actually used it).
Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbieoz View Post
With respect Kyle, you can not in good conscience say that particular list of 40 bug fixes and improvements in 6 months addresses 40 core things that have been broken for the last 4 years. Core functionality that has been broken for YEARS is still left untouched. You diminish your standing and esteem in the community by taking the party line and ignoring the facts. As for 3 people etc, good way to deflect. Many others like me have just given up and moved on - that poll rubbish is meaningless coming on the back of being ignored for years in any case. Trust-factor? Zero and falling. Now, ardent digidesign devotees are out in the industry actively, not passively, talking people out of avid products because of what you have unfortunately, as a person, inherited. I have never, in my 30 years as a professional, seen such an active groundswell against a company for their rancidly-poor treatment of an intelligent, rational and discerning user-base. Your own company has an internal philosophy that people are sheep and will take pretty much anything lying down, and your user-base has, we have, for years. You are past that point where the poor treatment of your user-base goes unnoticed. Your company has been exposed. BUT, individuals at Avid CAN and SHOULD make a difference. YOU can be one of the people to not just toe the party line and play it safe, because you will not last long in your job in any case doing that with such a mightily misdirected company agenda.

A company staffed by people at the coal-face who do not care, do not listen, and have CEOs at the helm who lead the company with the question "what if there was no product, what would we look like then, what would we sell? You need to come up with something to sell that is not a product". Yes? If you haven't been exposed to that then you would be one of the rare avid employees who hasn't. Don't be yet another one of them.

Treat your user-base with a modicum of respect and you will get that back in droves, especially when respect from anyone at Avid is so rare that it is striking in contrast to the dross we get through service and "support" quarters.

And you can bank that. Send it up the chain. Make a difference. I feel for you, I really do, you are the point man at the coal-face with the crushing weight of a company behind you that has a public record of not listening, not caring, devaluing their customer base, and underestimating just how far they can "herd' the public "sheep" that buy their products, but more sadly, the bulls**t rhetoric Avid is trying to sell.
Such a well thought out post. They had NOTHING to say to that.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:54 PM

Bump.

Especially because of the emails I keep getting saying, 'you haven't responded so we assume your problem is solved' crap. After the fourth one, I stopped responding.