How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM

Default Eleven Rack/Can't see the Inputs

Hey guys,
I bought a Mbox 2 awhile ago and have been running it with the Pro Tools 8LE that came with it. Works great; no problems. I bought an Eleven Rack that didn't come with Pro Tools so I am just using the Eleven Rack as an interface with the Mbox. However, when I want to record the Rig Input I can't see any of the Eleven Rack inputs. I can see it in the "hardware" screen, have it set as the playback engine, and when i go to I/O all I can see is In 1-2 and S/PDIF left-right. Those (IN 1-2 and S/PDIF) are the only options I have when I try to select the input on a stereo audio track I created. This even happens when I don't even have the Mbox plugged in. I unplugged the Mbox, relaunched Pro Tools and am getting the same problem. I went through the Eleven Rack manual and can't find anything. Please Help
Thanks
Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack/Can't see the Inputs

Is this OSX or Windows? What version?

What exact version of Pro Tools? PT LE8 what? 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.4 ect.....

How are you connecting the MBOX and 11R? What are you trying to do with them?

You cannot use both interfaces in tandem and have the IO reflect the inputs. You can only have 1 main interface. You can hook them up with SPDIF however.

If you don't want to go the SPDIF route, you can easily switch interfaces at anytime just by changing the hardware. PT will close, and re-open with the new interface active.

make sure you have updated Pro Tools to the latest version.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 PM

Make sure your running the latest update to PTLE 8.0. Should be 8.0.5 as I recall.

You can only run one interface with PTLE. You either need to disconnect the MBox and use the Eleven Rack or connect the Eleven rack Via SPDIF to the MBox and select SPDIF Left and Right as your inputs.

Or

Hold down the N key while launching Pro Tools and select the Eleven Rack if its connected Via USB and its the sole interface.

You going to want to connect by USB regardless so you can save presets and use the Eleven Rack editor window.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 PM

Thank you for replying guys!
I am running OSX 10.5.8 (old, I know) and PT 8.0.3
So I only have my Eleven Rack plugged in via USB. I want to be able to record the Rig Output, that's all. Just record guitar tracks using the rigs I have in the Eleven Rack. So I started PT doing the Shift+N and the Eleven Rack is the interface (it's the only one plugged in right now). Once PT starts I can see all the rig settings and recall rigs, etc. However I can't record because I can't see any of the Eleven Rack inputs. Again, when I go to the I/O page of PT it doesn't have the inputs of the ER. Just IN 1-2 and SPDIF Left-Right. Thanks
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecin View Post
Thank you for replying guys!
I am running OSX 10.5.8 (old, I know) and PT 8.0.3
So I only have my Eleven Rack plugged in via USB. I want to be able to record the Rig Output, that's all. Just record guitar tracks using the rigs I have in the Eleven Rack. So I started PT doing the Shift+N and the Eleven Rack is the interface (it's the only one plugged in right now). Once PT starts I can see all the rig settings and recall rigs, etc. However I can't record because I can't see any of the Eleven Rack inputs. Again, when I go to the I/O page of PT it doesn't have the inputs of the ER. Just IN 1-2 and SPDIF Left-Right. Thanks
On each of those Setup>IO pages, hit the default button. Do you see the Eleven Rack IO now?

Darryl
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM

Wow I feel like an idiot. Yes, I can see them now. I really appreciate your help guys! can't thank you enough