Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Partner Announcements

Old 04-23-2020, 10:12 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Introducing ARC System 3

Introducing ARC System 3

Bring a new dimension of acoustic correction to any studio.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/images/[email protected]

We are proud to announce a new generation of acoustic correction with ARC System 3. This new system offers an all-new 3D room analysis algorithm, easier setup, compatibility with more measurement microphones, and superior results.

Engineers and producers, now is the time to start mixing better, faster, and more confidently than ever before. By correcting poor room acoustics, ARC System 3 lets you trust the sound you hear as the most accurate representation of your mix. It combines an ultra-accurate MEMS measurement microphone, room analysis software, and a correction plug-in, all in a simple-to-use package that delivers amazing results.

Walls, furniture, and other objects reflect and absorb sound, changing the frequency balance and stereo imaging an engineer or producer hears in their studio. ARC System 3 detects and accounts for these issues by quickly and precisely measuring the sound of a room to generate a correction profile that can be loaded into the ARC plug-in for use in any DAW.

By measuring a room at three different heights around the listening position, IK’s award-winning VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technology creates a 3D snapshot of the room to identify problematic issues without over-processing the sound. The result is an incredibly natural-sounding correction that recreates the experience of working in a professionally tuned room.

ARC System 3 offers additional controls to fine-tune corrections for ideal performance in any room and setup:

Adjustable correction range - Choose to define limits to upper and lower correction ranges separately to preserve a monitor’s unique voicing or to correct a certain frequency range.

Variable resolution and smoothing - The correction filter’s resolution can be adjusted to use more or fewer frequency bands, for either surgical correction or a broader, smoother balance.

Two Phase Modes - Normal and Linear phase modes ensure precise stereo imaging.

Plus, you can now leave the car test in the past. ARC System 3 allows users to emulate all sorts of listening devices such as TVs, smartphones, car audio systems, and many popular studio monitors and "virtual systems". This guarantees a perfect sound translation across common listening devices.

With neverending ways to study your mix, ARC System 3 gives you useful tools including Peak, RMS, Loudness and dynamic range metering, a real-time spectrum analyzer, and so much more! Monitor your sound and speed up your workflow to make quick and effective changes.

ARC System 3 (software-only) is available now and the complete bundle including the MEMS microphone will be available in Q2, but can be pre-ordered now.

Price and availability

ARC System 3 software-only version is now available for $/€199.99.*

Existing owners of any registered IK product that retails for $/€99 or more can purchase the ARC System 3 software-only crossgrade for $/€99.99.

ARC 2.0 or later users will receive a $/€50 coupon off the $/€99.99 price {applied automatically in cart).

Furthermore, all customers who purchase and register ARC 2.5 after April 1, 2020, will receive a free software-only upgrade to ARC System 3.

ARC System 3 complete bundle with MEMS microphone will be available in Q2 for $/€249.99 and can be pre-ordered now.

Existing owners of any registered IK product that retails for $/€99 or more can now pre-order the crossgrade of the ARC System 3 complete bundle with MEMS microphone for $/€149.99.

To learn more about ARC System 3 and order yours today, click here.

*All prices excluding taxes
Old 04-23-2020, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Introducing ARC System 3

Can this work on OS 10.9.5

I use ARC 2.5 at the mo and would love to upgrade if possible ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 04-23-2020, 07:35 PM

This looks like a great product. I just wish this was capable of of doing more than 2 channels. Do you have or are there plans to have a surround system in this?

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 04-28-2020, 08:24 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Young View Post
This looks like a great product. I just wish this was capable of of doing more than 2 channels. Do you have or are there plans to have a surround system in this?
I don't have specific news on a surround version but I will relay the request. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Can this work on OS 10.9.5

I use ARC 2.5 at the mo and would love to upgrade if possible ??

Per the ARC 3 Specs page you need 10.10 or higher.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:30 AM

I did read that on the spec, but does it mean you guys don’t support 10.9.5 so if there is an issue you won’t help resolve or does it mean it just won’t install on 10.9.5 Thanks

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
I did read that on the spec, but does it mean you guys don’t support 10.9.5 so if there is an issue you won’t help resolve or does it mean it just won’t install on 10.9.5 Thanks

It isn't supported below 10.10. You'd install at your own risk at anything below spec. I'd suggest installing the demo and trying it.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:08 PM
IK Multimedia

We have another tutorial video posted (the link to the first is in the description of this one if you missed it):

https://youtu.be/yxk7wq8WaZc
Old 05-12-2020, 02:39 PM
IK Multimedia

We are now shipping the ARC 3 software + microphone boxed bundle.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:02 AM

Is ARC3 AAX 32 and AAX 64 bit??

Old 05-14-2020, 12:25 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Is ARC3 AAX 32 and AAX 64 bit??

64-bit AAX, not 32. We don't do 32-bit plugins any more going forward.

All specs/requirements can be found on the ARC 3 Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/product...ex.php?p=specs