Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 PM

Default Strike upgrade

Hello,

I've had problems with Strike for several months now: Like many others, I get the dreaded "content not found please run the set content location application". I'm running PT 9.0.6 with a Digi 002R.

At the suggestion of someone else on this forum, I tried removing Strike so that I could reinstall. I searched for everything that related to the plug-in, deleted it, emptied trash and re-started. But every time I tried to reinstall, I got an error message that a later version of the software was already installed on this machine. I don't know what it's still "finding".

I just tonight noticed a thread that was updated on March 12, with a link that *may* solve that problem, so I downloaded the update. But of course when I launch PT and try to add Strike, the system can't find it since I deleted the original application. And I can't put it back, because the computer thinks it's already there!

Here's my question (finally): If I spring for the $99 Strike upgrade, do you think it would fix all this, besides adding the new samples and grooves? If so, it would totally be worth it. My fear is that it'll think I'm not technically *upgrading*, since Strike is no longer installed.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. Would LOVE to finally use the program again!

--- Billy
Old 04-14-2012, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Strike upgrade

Personally I would hold off upgrading and focus on a current compatible system. Is your OS compatible with the current installed Pro Tools version? Have you tried repairing the Strike installation by running the installer again?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Thanks, Aaron. Everything is most definitely compatible within my system, it's just that if I *do* to to re-install, I receive the error that Strike is already on my system in a newer version --- whereas it's actually no longer installed at all --- so it's an icky catch-22. I'm completely at a loss...
Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 PM

So the Strike Installer will not Repair the installation? Hmmm... Restore Points? Clones? Images? What Operating System are you using?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:58 PM

is this on windows or osx?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 PM

Thanks for writing back, Aaron and Benoni; my apologies for taking a few days to respond.

I'm using an iMac G5 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3, with 8 GB of RAM. Version 10.6.8 of OS X. When I insert the first (of 2) Install discs, I get to the first screen, "Welcome to the Digidesign Strike Plug-In Installer", no problem. I get through all the steps in the Installer, up to and including "Select a Destination" to install Strike. But once I click on my internal hard drive, there's an error on that page I cannot get past:

Digidesign Strike Plug-In can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of this software already exists on this disk.

(I have screenshots, but when I tried pasting them into this box, they came out garbled in the preview)

If I click on my external drive, I receive the message that:

Digidesign Strike Plug-In can't be installed on this disk. You can only install this software on the disk that is running Mac OS X.

I cannot figure out where I might have "pieces" of Strike laying around that the Installer disc is finding each time. I'm pretty sure that if I could delete all traces of Strike from my machine, I'd be good to go.

Thank you again for your input. I look forward to any suggestions.

--- Billy