Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-20-2000, 02:00 PM

Default Re: My Audio files were deleted!!! What software to buy to restore the files....

I tried sometimes Norton UnErase from Norton Utilities.
Good luck
LM
Old 08-20-2000, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Default Re: My Audio files were deleted!!! What software to buy to restore the files....

Download Data Rescue from http://www.wildbits.com/rescue/ and give it a try.
If you didn't already have Norton Filesaver or TechTool Pro's Trash Cache enabled, I don't think they'll help much if you install them after the fact.
Data Rescue, on the other hand, is designed to work afterwards without pre-installation. Haven't used it myself, but have seen good reviews.

------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing
Old 08-20-2000, 10:55 PM

If you "selected unused files" then "deleted/gone foreve," then you're screwed. I learned the hard. Norton Unerase. Nope. Professional data recovery ($100/hour). Nope. Retrack the files that are gone. Yep. Sorry.
Old 08-21-2000, 12:28 AM

Default My Audio files were deleted!!! What software to buy to restore the files....

Any suggestions on what software to buy? I have 3 months of work on those files and I desperately need them back...Please someone help me!!!

Trash Man
Old 08-22-2000, 04:54 PM

Hey Trash Man...

Whatever you do, don't create ANY new files or load ANY new software on that hard drive until you figure out what to do. You may find the perfect solution, and then realize that you wrote over the files you're looking for with the software you loaded to look for them. If possible, use another drive and don't touch the one the files were on.

That's how I learned the hard way. I hope it's not too late...

Lood Guck

cm

[This message has been edited by cm (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-22-2000, 06:45 PM

Try Alsoft Diskwarrior. It has saved me on a number of occasions when Norton just screwed me harder. One of the organizations I work with now uses Diskwarrior religiously.

Hope this helps.