Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 08-29-2007, 07:09 AM

Default what would cause a manual re link to be needed

HI
A colleague of mine imported a previous session into a new session and did some work. Then when he re opened the session to do some more a day later, the sfx were all greyed out. He had to manually re link each file (which WAS sitting in the audio files folder in the correct session)
Very frustrating and time consuming.
I often have to let PT automatically relink files, which it normally does without issue, but Im often concerned about why it just seems to lose track of audio, or is it me??

Peter
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: what would cause a manual re link to be needed

Nope, not just you. It happens to me from time to time. Not all files, but a few here and there on some sessions. It seems like this only happens after the first time a session was closed. Once relinked, I've had no further problem. But, the problem has happened with several several different sessions with the most recent cs version of 7.3.1.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 PM

It happens every time for me, now for some months.

The files are missing randomly, but there are all SM spotted SFX. Soundminer is aware of that, Digi also......but it's really annoying....

gugu
Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 AM

Yes, the Soundminer-Pro Tools bug has been discussed. I've seen that. But just this week, Monday, I had to relink to omf files, files that had nothing to do with Soundminer. Regions/files in the middle of a session that were from the omf import. As you said, the files were in Audio Files and were located quickly with an auto-relink.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

Happens to me predictably when I'm in destructive record mode and I have to restart my system after a freeze. After the restart PT can never automatically find the sound files on the record tracks. But I can always manually relink those missing files. The playback tracks and files are never affected. These freezes have been happening regardless of OS X or PT 7.x version and might be unique to my system, so I won't elaborate unless urged. I use destructive punch mode whenever possible. It seems more stable than destructive record mode on my system.

Serge
Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 PM

the soundminer bug is only with AIFF files- and i think only with intel macs. as far as automatically relinking- i never do that- always manual because that way you know its relinking the files to the correct audio files folder and not finding the files elsewhere on your cpu...
IMDB Credits
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
the soundminer bug is only with AIFF files- and i think only with intel macs.
No, it's the same behaviour on my 2x2.7 G5 HD and iMac Intel LE

gugu