Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 09-25-2019, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Avid S1...I am excited!

Thanks Eddie, that's good to hear. I'll definitely only use one unit, so the little overhang wouldn't be a major issue for me.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-25-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes the new App is designed to scale properly and should look great on that screen size but be aware that tablet is 2 cm wider than the S1 so if you want multiplies or a Dock next to it it wont fit. The 10.1/10.5 widescreen Samsung's etc. (Even the Amazon Fire HD 10) look pretty good and although they don't line up track for track its not that big of an issue...(S6's screens doesn't line up either and isn't an issue I ever hear about)
I don't know maybe I have ADD - but judging by product picture any tablet that does not align not just tracks but on the outside physical edges is going to look clunky.

Looks nice and tight here:

Old 09-26-2019, 02:47 PM
Avid

Obviously its not the same as a 12" tablet but the widescreen 10.5 Androids look good even if they don't quite fill the width.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:41 PM

Does anyone know if the units will operate via Wifi? I was looking and trying to get a peek at the rear but I cant find this specified though I think the PTExperts guy mentioned it was wireless. Nothing in the specs about whether it needs a NIC cable like the artist. Im hoping its all 5g or better.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
Does anyone know if the units will operate via Wifi? I was looking and trying to get a peek at the rear but I cant find this specified though I think the PTExperts guy mentioned it was wireless. Nothing in the specs about whether it needs a NIC cable like the artist. Im hoping its all 5g or better.
Yeah I was at the AES show today and they had all three of the S1 tablets set up wireless.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:46 AM

I think i will pull the trigger on one as soon as available. I really want the metering and I can sell the mix if I like it. I have no shortage of older ipads at this point and I am sure in a year or two there will be many 12" pros to be had used at a decent price as is the way with Ipads.Thanks for confirming. I can see myself with two eventually. If I just buy two outright I will drive to Portland and spend the 250 in taxes I would save on going to wine country. :)
Old 10-21-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgam View Post
Yeah I was at the AES show today and they had all three of the S1 tablets set up wireless.
Just got this back from Sweetwater and it appears the actual S1 is still hard wired.

The Avid S1 plugs into a Ethernet connection just like the Artist Mixes did.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Just got this back from Sweetwater and it appears the actual S1 is still hard wired.

The Avid S1 plugs into a Ethernet connection just like the Artist Mixes did.
The S1 hardware are eucon wired of course and the ipads/tablets are wireless. No one said the S1 was wireless.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-21-2019, 11:59 AM

sjgam a few posts prior worded it to make it seem like they were. I wondered if he meant just tablets but I was curious if the actual units could run wirelessly.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
sjgam a few posts prior worded it to make it seem like they were. I wondered if he meant just tablets but I was curious if the actual units could run wirelessly.
Got it but it is the tablets, not the actual S-series Units just like the artist series they need a eucon cabled connection. The tablets are wireless as they are with the Avid Dock.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————