Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 10-13-2019, 02:25 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 won't launch and eleven rack

pro tools 11 stopped working as of last MAC OS catalina update and now my audio midi setup won't recognize my elevenRack. ProTools 11 won't launch and i feel like I'm getting forced into a subscription. I've been with ProTools since 2001 but this subscription stuff makes me want to logic and never look back. I just want to be able to keep using the products that i have purchased. Any help would be great because I'm already losing money on this problem and if i have to spend money on this them I'm going to a new product.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 won't launch and eleven rack

It’s not a subscription—nothing to do with that, but you are getting forced into managing your computer properly.

No version of Pro Tools runs on Catalina, the Eleven Rack drivers do not work on Catalina. This has been clearly warned about by Avid, in emails to users, articles and posts on DUC. Even if you have not seen any of those warnings why would you upgrade without checking known compatibility with all important apps... especially given Catalina is expected to break lots of things.

You need to restore to the last working backup you made. No backup? Then you can do a full clean install of a previous macOS and all your software again. (But ask about that before hand so you don’t lose your current work).
Old 10-14-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It’s not a subscription—nothing to do with that, but you are getting forced into managing your computer properly.

No version of Pro Tools runs on Catalina, the Eleven Rack drivers do not work on Catalina. This has been clearly warned about by Avid, in emails to users, articles and posts on DUC. Even if you have not seen any of those warnings why would you upgrade without checking known compatibility with all important apps... especially given Catalina is expected to break lots of things.

You need to restore to the last working backup you made. No backup? Then you can do a full clean install of a previous macOS and all your software again. (But ask about that before hand so you don’t lose your current work).
Going back in terms of OSX is the only way out of the op's dilemma provided he has a good clean full installer. The last OSX considered compatible with PT 11.3.2 was OSX 10.10.5. OSX 10.12.6 will run PT 11.3.2 - I did that for a few months with at least the one known issue of not being able to import audio via the menu command but drag and drop from Finder works. Don't know if OSX10.13.6 or any form of Mojave will run PT 11.3.2.

Suggestion to the site admins: put up a hyperlink to the compatibility page http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
at the top of every DUC page with the other hyperlinks.

QAPLA!
Old 04-10-2020, 12:49 PM

PT11 works fine on 10.13.4 (High Sierra, yes the version you weren't supposed to use for any version of Pro Tools, so 10.13.2 is probably a better idea). Minus the whole drag to import thing.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:46 AM

I have an associated problem. I had Elevenrack running OK in Editor and as hardware in PT12 then did a dumb thing and clicked the upgrade to Catalina. Long story short - got back to Mojave but now although Elevenrack works fine in stand alone (Editor), I can't find it in the hardware in Protools. I can see it in the System Preferences but it says it is not connected. However when I look in the System Report under USB connected items it says it is there.

Contacted Avid and went through their fixes but nothing worked

Reinstall driver
Make sure microphones set up in Privacy
Changed USB cable

Now they say the unit may need a repair. Weird as it works fine in Editor.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammo58 View Post
I have an associated problem. I had Elevenrack running OK in Editor and as hardware in PT12 then did a dumb thing and clicked the upgrade to Catalina. Long story short - got back to Mojave but now although Elevenrack works fine in stand alone (Editor), I can't find it in the hardware in Protools. I can see it in the System Preferences but it says it is not connected. However when I look in the System Report under USB connected items it says it is there.

Contacted Avid and went through their fixes but nothing worked

Reinstall driver
Make sure microphones set up in Privacy
Changed USB cable

Now they say the unit may need a repair. Weird as it works fine in Editor.

Any suggestions?
Get a real interface. I know I'm being a smart-ass but if you want to work with up-to-date PT and OSX you need something that's going to be compatible and still has correct drivers.

QAPLA!
Old 04-12-2020, 04:49 PM

Eleven Rack is supported under Mojave. PT12 (last version) is supported up to High Sierra.

What exact version of PT are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2020, 04:59 AM

Hi - I am using PT 2019.12.0
Old 04-14-2020, 05:05 AM

Right. So not PT12 then.

Well you can either run High Sierra and Mojave and be fully compatible with both. If you experience issues, at least you’re running a supported system and can rule out that being the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2021, 11:50 AM

Good bye Pro Tools. Hello Logic. The idea that Pro Tools can't stay current with Mac OS is ********.